Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review for Ipad & Droid

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
eucci
6164 Views, 40 Replies

Design Review for Ipad & Droid

Autodesk,

Please make Design Review for Ipad and Droid! Increasingly, we have clients who are realizing the potential of having 2D design idw files in combination with 3D models.  These are very usefull for both the factory floor and onsite installations. Design Review is a great tool for anyone who works at a desktop or laptop. However, an app for handheld devices would be tremendously usefull for anyone who is in the field or does not work at a desk who needs to measure parts, assemble parts, or simply visuallize a project. People are becoming increasingly reliant on their handheld devices. This is clearly part of the future of manufacturing in the world. Its becoming embarrassing that we cannot provide our clients with something that is perceived as the obvious "next big thing" in manufacturing.  There are other strings where you can find the same discussion.

Obviously, this must happen sooner or later.  We'd like to see it sooner rather than later.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41

Probably flogging a dead horse here. At my workplace I want to use an Android device that is coupled with a touch screen/big TV (already works) to use the Vault Thin Client to view (in the Android Chrome or other browser) DWF files, the same as if occurs on a Windows PC. I can use the inbuilt DWF tools to manipulate the model and such.

touchscreen.jpg

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums