Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review for Ipad & Droid

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
eucci
6116 Views, 40 Replies

Design Review for Ipad & Droid

Autodesk,

Please make Design Review for Ipad and Droid! Increasingly, we have clients who are realizing the potential of having 2D design idw files in combination with 3D models.  These are very usefull for both the factory floor and onsite installations. Design Review is a great tool for anyone who works at a desktop or laptop. However, an app for handheld devices would be tremendously usefull for anyone who is in the field or does not work at a desk who needs to measure parts, assemble parts, or simply visuallize a project. People are becoming increasingly reliant on their handheld devices. This is clearly part of the future of manufacturing in the world. Its becoming embarrassing that we cannot provide our clients with something that is perceived as the obvious "next big thing" in manufacturing.  There are other strings where you can find the same discussion.

Obviously, this must happen sooner or later.  We'd like to see it sooner rather than later.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
engr_mondo
in reply to: eucci

If that is feasible, please make it available too in PSP--which is more portable. TIA
Regards,

Mondo
Message 3 of 41
lundbea

Who else is interested in getting ADR on the iPhone/Droid?  

We're doing some customer research on this topic in end of February and want to hear more about this from you and others like you.

If anyone is located in the bay area, I'd love to meet you in person if possible.

Otherwise, I would like to talk over the phone.  

If anyone is interested, please let me know at feedback-dwf-viewer@autodesk.com.  

Regards,

Message 4 of 41
rjay75
in reply to: lundbea

We here would like to see this too. One of our pie in sky visions is to attach a tablet like device, Android or iOS based to the workstations of the cleaner areas of the shop, Then someone using a custom app can pull the documents needed directly at the machine.

Ideally a browser plugin of some sort would work even better so we can use the same methods from the desktop too.

Message 5 of 41
rlosh

We would definitely be interested in having DWF functionality available for the iPad - even if we had to pay a couple dollars for the app.  Everyone at our firm has been issued an iPad, and we would love to make use of them in the field for punch lists, site visits, etc.

Message 6 of 41
Ray_P

How do I get the dwf(x) to my IPAD? I have the  Inventor app and sample models, but would like to see our own models, sales is interested in showing customers what they are buying in 3d as well. 

Message 7 of 41
pendean
in reply to: rlosh

I would settle for making Project FreeWheel more mobile-friendly like AutoCADWS as a short-term fix:

http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/freewheel/

Message 8 of 41
StephaneLessard5201

For sure, we need one DROID APPS to view DWF. We have workers on the field and they have The new Samsung Galaxie Tablet.  We have to publish our Revit desing in pdf for them and we loose all the capability of Design Review.  PLEASE AUTODESK do someting quickly.

Stephane

Message 9 of 41

Any update on when a DWF viewer will be available for Android?  I have an android tablet that I take to job sights and view PDF files on.  I would prefer to be able to view DWF files, especially 3D DWF files. 

Message 10 of 41
cblocher

Hi Folks,

FYI, third-party developer Austin Silver Software creates McDwiff, which means that DWF File Viewing Comes to the iPad.

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Tags (3)
Message 11 of 41
DJMCGEAX

Late to this convo but DWF on Android would be great.. WS means I have to upload all the xref's which is not worth the effort when I have a facility with more xrefs than I care to count. With the DWF I can mark and measure w/out all the problems associated with refernce files.

Message 12 of 41
tmschaefer

Has there been any movement on getting an app for Android for DWF markups yet?

Thomas Schaefer

Message 13 of 41
FT398
in reply to: tmschaefer

I too would love to see Design Review ported to one of these platforms. For us, WS is of very limited use as we produce many of our drawings from 3D models which aren't supported on WS. For our site engineers to produce markups they have laptops with ADR on and send redline markups of DWFs back to office for processing by our CAD department and this all works nice and smoothly but now increasingly seeing laptops phased out and tablets phased in so we stand to lose a good process if ADR is not ported. Even if WS were to become fully compatible with our 3D models, it requires the use of external upload sites and having files distributed here, there and everywhere which can be deemed a bit of a management nightmare which has made it a distinct no-go for many of our users. They enjoy the simplicity of ADR and don't feel that WS with all its extra baggage is not the way they want to go.

Message 14 of 41
karthur1

Add me to needing the Android viewer app.

Message 15 of 41
markuz55

Hello, I am a shop foreman of a Mercedes Benz dealership in the Bay Area.  I have 2 separated shops that I oversee.  Needless to say our computers in the shop are slow, antiquated and very diseased.  Because my job is very demanding and I need answers or I have to find solutions to problem vehicles, time is everything.   The Mercedes Benz wiring diagrams require Autodesk design review to open them up and run.  I am not a CAD person at all,  I just want to be able to open up a wiring diagram off of the Mercedes server and utilize it in diagnosing failures and testing cars from an ipad or android tablet like the Samsung Galaxy or Motorola tablets.  The speed and mobility of this option is an ablolute must and the wave of the future in mine and all my technicians mind.  I am not a computer guy by any means, I am a car guy that just wants stuff to open and run on my computer quick and easy like.  preferably carrying around a tablet and doing so.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as my boss told me, "if you can make it run...I will buy it for you".  Anyway just thought I would ask.  Thanks! 

Message 16 of 41
cblocher
in reply to: DJMCGEAX

Hi Folks,

The free Design Review Mobile app for is now available in the iTunes App Store! Here's the related blog post:

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2011/09/autodesk-design-review-mobile-ready-set-launch.html

We know an Android version is still on your minds and we understand your need for that platform too. However at this time, Design Review Mobile is only available for IOs.

Please try it out and let us know what you think by providing your feedback here: http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 17 of 41
CyrilBlank

Greetings

Just wanted to add expresse great interest in having the ability to open DWF on Android.

Thank you

Message 18 of 41

Let's get some Android love!  There are more droid tablets being sold every day than ipads now, and it will keep moving in this direction as the androids get better and better. 

Message 19 of 41
eucci
in reply to: DJMCGEAX

Thank You!

Ask and you shall receive!

Message 20 of 41
karthur1

Lets Hope so...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report