Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design review cab file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1290 Views, 3 Replies

design review cab file

I utilise dwf files embedded in html,  The html code points to a CAB file that installs ADR 2009, ADR 2009 has a number of glitches that are fixed when using the 2011 or 2012 browser plug-in.

The problem is the 2011 or 2012 plug-ins require the user to install the full version of ADR, this is not a problem but because there is no updated CAB file a user without the viewer installed, when visiting a webpage would be prompted to download and install 2009 version. To overcome the glitches (avoiding the toolbars and pallettes opening everytime an object is selected) you then have to manually download and install the full version of 2011/2012 ADR which allows the toolbars to be disabled using script this does not work in the 2009 version)

Surely it would not be difficult for Autodesk to create an updated CAB file. I have hundreds of drawings hosted online for many customers and could really do with an updated CAB file

any help greatly appreciated.

Paul M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am in the same boat just getting ready to launch a site with embedded DWF files hosted in a web page. All of the samples indicate how to specify the <OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF"

with the CODEBASE="http://www.autodesk.com/global/dwfviewer/installer/DwfViewerSetup.cab

which will only auto download and install the 2008 version of design review which is incompatible with our 2010+ newer dwf files.

How can we easily help our users get the latest version of Autodesk Design Review so they can view our drawings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Collin

Message 3 of 4
mpartridge-stellar
in reply to: Anonymous

I am still having an issue finding the 2013 CAB file for the codebase. 

I use the following for 2008:

http://www.autodesk.com/global/dwfviewer/installer/DwfViewerSetup.cab

I use the following for 2009:

http://download.autodesk.com/esd/designreview/DWFViewerSetup.cab

Using the "#version=" directive does not help either.  Is there a CAB to use for 2013 ADR/DWFViewer?

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4
m_latz
in reply to: mpartridge-stellar

You can create your own "DwfViewerSetup.cab" for Design Review 2013.

To use on the web you need a .cab file (is created with utility from Microsoft called cabarc). In that file you put your "standard" installer and a "setup.inf" file with the instructions what to do. Then put this on your own webserver.

Autodesk has wrapped the standard "SetupDesignReview.msi" into a "SetupDesignReview.exe" which is called from setup.inf from .cab.

Theoretically you can also put .msi in a self-extracting zip, which calls the msi after extracting.

I used in the past the InstallShield setup.exe wrapper, because then you have addtional options like "caching locally", etc.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report