Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review and Windows 7 64-bit

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
kelly3927
7976 Views, 18 Replies

Design Review and Windows 7 64-bit

Has anyone installed Design Review on a Windows 7 64-bit machine? I am getting an error Visual Studio 5 SP1 C++ Runtime (0x2: Failed downloading component.) Edited by: kelly3927 on Oct 13, 2009 7:59 PM
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
tatec3
in reply to: kelly3927

Scratch install on new HP 6930p with ATI Mobility Radeon HD3400 running x64 Windows 7, all current patches thru last Tuesday's.

ADR 2010 dies at the splash screen when launched from the desktop, no errors, no program entry in the task list, killable process in process list only.

When launching from Library by double-clicking on a DWF, don't even get a splash screen, no errors, no program entry, etc.

Uninstalled and replaced with ADR 2009. Works like a champ.

HTH
Message 3 of 19
tatec3

Oh, and that ADR 2010 was fully hotfix'ed. Made zero diff.
Message 4 of 19
guok

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

Please install the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft's website manually: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displa...
Then try to install the Design Review again.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

- Kenny Guo

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 19
Qube-it

I installed the C++ distributable pack (as directed) and then installed a clean version of DR 2010 and still no dice. Running Windows 7 x64 on a Dell M6400 laptop. Any other suggestions?

-Brian Hall-
-Brian Hall-
Message 6 of 19
Shawn_Niles

Are you using Equitrac?

Shawn Niles
Autodesk Product Support

Shawn Niles
Message 7 of 19
Qube-it

No, not using Equitrac.

-Brian Hall-
Message 8 of 19
ccboiler

Similar error, ADR2010, Win7 Pro-64 Bit = "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click to close...."
Have applied all suggested MS & Autodesk fixes.
Disappointing and will delay corporate deployment.
Good advice?
Message 9 of 19
nc3d

We also have the same problem with Design Review and Windows 7 x64 😞 "...uable to start..."
Message 10 of 19
kevin.moore

Hi,

If you get the VC++ 2005 and VC++ 2008 redistributable packages, you use the "SP1" version. The older VC++ packages will work with the ADR installer.

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 19
jjolfert

Hi. I'm also having problems with Windows 7 64-Bit, but my issue is with having the embedded viewer on a webpage. The viewer does not render, or show any kind of error.

Does the ADR plug-in not work in Windows 7?

Thanks.
Message 12 of 19
troy

I have installed and unistalled with the Revo Unistaller, and then I will reinstall DR 2010 and it still gives me the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application."
This is feed seem like exactly what is happening to me. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
Message 13 of 19
ronvpierce

Same problem here.
Message 14 of 19
nc3d

Hi Kevin,
It's not really clear to me what we should do...
Do I need both the 2005 and 2008 packages? Do I need to uninstall the old versions? Should I use the 64-bit versions?
It would be great if you could give step-by-step instructions on how to install Design Review on Windows 7 64-bit.
Thanks !
-Donald
Message 15 of 19
stevehegg

I've had no issues with ADR2010 or DwgTrueView2010 on an install of Windows 7 Ultimate K x64. I just rebuilt this machine last weekend and it was my first use of the 2010 versions after having used 2009 versions in XP and Vista.

Both the ADR and TrueView installs were straightforward, connect the dots installs. All indications are that both apps are running cleanly with no problems.
Message 16 of 19
stevehegg

PS.
That also includes the web markup capability running in IEv8.
Message 17 of 19
autodesk

Is there an issue with Equitrac and Design Review 2010? We can not get DR 2010 to operate on our Win XP Pro 64 bit machines. The software is installed, but double clicking the icon does nothing, going thru Windows Explorer and trying to operate does nothing.
Any help is appreciated.
Message 18 of 19
Windows7Guy

Hello jjolfert,

Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support
Message 19 of 19
SHUITsupport

I had the same problem.

I un-installed the existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (both x64 and x86).

Then from the Microsoft website

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

I installed their version (this is an earlier version than the one I un-installed.

Then I did the Design review install again and it worked OK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report