Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design review and spacemouse

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Frigotherm
1506 Views, 6 Replies

Design review and spacemouse

Hi guys!

on the 3d connexion site they state that design review is supported and certified by their drivers.

but i have some problems! the spacemouse seems to work fine, but just as long as i am far away from the model. (and its like that on all drawings,on all computers). if i zoom in too much then all the control axes get reversed and slow. its just like as if the rotation is not based around the model (like inventor) but around the WCS.

its quite frustrating since we use it for presentations on our laptop and when it happens to our customers eyes it looks like as if we have no clue about what we are doing! you know, those "uh ups wait let me correct that, something is not working right"- moments....

i searched everywhere, (was able to find it in autocad but not in design review) a way to rotate around teh current view freely with the spacemouse but without luck. am i missing something or is this a crappy implementation of the spacemouse drivers?

just a hint for the 2013 version:

- add a settings button for the spacemouse like in acad 2012

- define the WCS with the Z axis up, like alllll other autodesk programs. its nonsens that within one company different programs use different directions for "up"...

thank you

best regards

igor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Frigotherm
in reply to: Frigotherm

Still the same on the new design review.. any chance it will get fixed? else i have to look around for another software...

thank you

best regards

frigotherm

Message 3 of 7
Frigotherm

i would really appreciate an answer from autodesk please.

we are continuously having problems at presentations with customers... please answer, even if the answer is negative so we know how to procede.

thanks

Message 4 of 7
Zaxa2

We have exactly the same problem.

We (3 engineers on 5PCs) are using 3Dconnexion Space Navigator since 3 years for multiple programs, but with all autodesk design review tested (since 2009) we have the same problem:

It depends where we zoom, but sometime the rotations break slowly, stops and invert  (during zooming) as if we had overpassed the normal center of rotation... frustrating...

The only way is to de-zoom, put the correct orientation and after rezoom.

As you, each year, I hope that Autodesk or 3D connexion (driver) correct that issue.

I hope that Autodesk look at that problem, correct it or contact 3d connexion to explain what happend in details.

B.R.

Message 5 of 7
Kelly_Shuman

Still not working great.  The spacemouse is basically worthless with Design Review.  Did Autodesk drop support for Design Review for a 360 app?  I need a markup tool that does not require an account. 

Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Kelly_Shuman

ADR development stopped in the year 2012.
Message 7 of 7
Kelly_Shuman
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the feedback!  I'm looking into eDrawings now I guess. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report