Design Review

Design Review

Contributor
kjay
Message 1 of 1 (184 Views)

Design Review 2012 e-mail error

184 Views, 0 Replies
06-29-2011 10:13 AM

Design Review will NOT e-mail a DWF properly.  It apparently does NOT detect that the e-mail program is already up and running and attempts to start a second instance of the e-mail program.  This produces a fault that prevents one from e-mailing a DWF from within Design Review.

I do not know if this applies to "full" Outlook or not.  I use Outlook Express, as I do not need (or want) all the other bells and whistles and overhead of the full Outlook program.

Does anyone else have this issue?  Is there a 'hotfix' for this yet?

I have figured out two, far from optimal, somewhat similar workarounds.

1)  Save the file using 'Save As' ( temporarily on local drive as security will not allow attaching directly from server), go to e-mail program, start e-mail, attach file from local drive, delete temporary local file.

2)  Save the file using 'Save As' ( temporarily on local drive as security will not allow attaching directly from server), locate file with Windows Explorer, right click filename and select 'Send To' and 'Mail Recipient' (this auto-attaches file to e-mail), Send e-mail, delete temporary local file.

Anybody have any better ideas?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.