Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2012 e-mail error

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
KEJay74
337 Views, 0 Replies

Design Review 2012 e-mail error

Design Review will NOT e-mail a DWF properly.  It apparently does NOT detect that the e-mail program is already up and running and attempts to start a second instance of the e-mail program.  This produces a fault that prevents one from e-mailing a DWF from within Design Review.

I do not know if this applies to "full" Outlook or not.  I use Outlook Express, as I do not need (or want) all the other bells and whistles and overhead of the full Outlook program.

Does anyone else have this issue?  Is there a 'hotfix' for this yet?

I have figured out two, far from optimal, somewhat similar workarounds.

1)  Save the file using 'Save As' ( temporarily on local drive as security will not allow attaching directly from server), go to e-mail program, start e-mail, attach file from local drive, delete temporary local file.

2)  Save the file using 'Save As' ( temporarily on local drive as security will not allow attaching directly from server), locate file with Windows Explorer, right click filename and select 'Send To' and 'Mail Recipient' (this auto-attaches file to e-mail), Send e-mail, delete temporary local file.

Anybody have any better ideas?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report