Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2011 will not start

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cbauer5260
919 Views, 4 Replies

Design Review 2011 will not start

After completing a fresh install, the first time design review is started the splash screen comes up for a couple of minutes then nothing happens.  After that nothing happens when design review is launched.  The computer recently had the motherboard replaced and is running windows XP.

Charlie Bauer

CAD Manager

InnerWireless, Inc.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
WJH1970
in reply to: cbauer5260

We have an issue with design review that corresponds with security settings on the IT side.  I'm wondering if this may be related...

For us, we find that the first time we fire up design review on a computer, it seems to freeze and not be responding.  We end up shutting down the program through ctl-alt-delete and then go into the registry and delete the entry under design review that tells the program to look for updates.  After this, the progam opens normally in a few seconds.

I can send you the procedure on this if you want to give this a shot.

Message 3 of 5
cbauer5260

We found that the problem was .net framework 3.5.  We repaired that and all is well with the world.

Message 4 of 5
WJH1970

Ahh yes...netframework!  That never crossed my mind, but it's kicked our butts a few times.  We've been after IT to push this out, but so far it falls on deaf ears, so we are left to manual updates when needed.

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Message 5 of 5
gpurviance

I was having a similar problem in that it was affecting all my Autodesk viewers and a couple of other applications.  The repair of .net resolved the problem.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report