Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2007 - Batch printing Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
248 Views, 2 Replies

Design Review 2007 - Batch printing Problem

Hi,

We are using Design Review 2007 and have just tried to use the batch printing facility.

We go through the batch printing wizard, select the drawings, then setup the print, but when we click the 'print' button, nothing happens - the dialog dissappears, but the print job is not sent to the printer/plotter - we have tried on various printers, and none of them gets the job. We do not get the progress bar, as described in the help section.

However, we have found a work around - if we save the batch print job as a file (.bpj), we the right click, select open, and choose 'Autodesk Design review' from the program list - the job is then sent to the printer/plotter as required.

So it appears that we have a problem with the link between clicking the 'print' button, and the job being created/sent to printer from within Design Review. We have tried unistalling and reinstalling, but it is always the same.

We can send single plots/prints via the standard print button withiut any problems.

Has anyone else experineced this, or have any ideas how to correct the problem? We woudllike to roll this out to the whole office. but are holding back if batch plotting isn't as straight forward as it should be.

For info the compnent build versions are as follows:

Design Review Build version: 3.0.0.928

DWF Toolkit: 7.2.0.297
Whip! toolkit: 7.7.601.297
Heidi: 8.2.38.20

Thanks for any help/advice offered.

MJ
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi MJ,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I'll need to do a little investigation on my end to see if there is already a defect in our system around this issue.

In the meantime, we have just released our latest version of Autodesk Design Review (2008) along with an updated Batch Print plug-in: www.autodesk.com/dwf-plugins

Could you please try the same using our current ADR and Batch Print releases and let me know if that solves the issue your having?

Thanks

Scott Lillibridge, QA Manager
Extended Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Scott,

Thanks for the heads up on ADR 2008 - I have now installed this along with the Batch printing patch (just to be sure) and batch printing now works for us straight from Design Review.

I will advise our IT support that we should roll out ADR 2008 to replace DWF viewer that we use at present.

Regards

MJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report