Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Stamps and markup comments

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mies07
928 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Stamps and markup comments

We really need to be able to make custom stamps that will atuomatically fill in dates, times, and user names similar to PDF stamps that read system date/ time/user info and fill in. The whole process of creating custom stampls in ADR is in my opinion way too cumbersome. If I need to get outside, non cad folks to use ADR as a markup tool, it is almost impossible to explain to them how to create or send them custom stamps. For example, a simple approval stamp with "Approved," "Approved as Noted" and "Resubmit" checkboxes now requires at least (3) separate custom stamps (one with each checkbox marked) and if there is a date and name to be filled in one must manually place pieces of text and drag it into place. Then, if stamp is repositioned, you have to hope you remember to reposition the signature and date text bits as well. This should be much simpler, and stamp creation should not involve dwf publication with block info, etc so non-cad people can easily create their own stamps. One way would be to make dynamic attiributed blocks from autocad directly importable (with date, name, and visibility states for checkmarks, etc). Of course, this still does not help non-cad people, but it would certainly make it easier for us to send them custom symbols.

Also useful would be a way to automatically append a commenter's info to markups, so there is a way to identify who made what comments and when - and possibly to filter each commenter's markups on or off, i.e., display all comments by one person only or all persons at once, etc. That way one could view all comments by, say, the engineer, all comments by the designer, all comments by shop personnel, either individually or in concert.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
derekanderson
in reply to: mies07

I agree with everything you said.  Autodesk Design Review is just another typical piece of software created by Autodesk's programming geeks thats almost worthless in the real world when engineers need to use it.

Message 3 of 4
lundbea
in reply to: mies07

Thanks for your post.

As you mentioned, there is no way to create custom dynamic stamps at this time besides the approach you mentioned above, and we have heard of this request and are considering it for the future.

Also, with the latest version of Design Review that was just release last week, it is now much easier to create custom stamps with ADR.  You can now turn a custom markup into a stamp for repeated use by selecting the markup and then choosing Create Catalog from Selection under the Symbols drop down under the Measure and Markup tab.

Message 4 of 4
Myoula
in reply to: lundbea

Is there a tutorial or demo of this new feature available?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report