Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Symbol Catalogue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mr_nick
928 Views, 6 Replies

Creating Symbol Catalogue

What format must my DWF take in order to create a symbol catalogue? I have a DWG with a number of symbols in it which I would like to turn into a DWF catalogue but I can only get it to work if I create individual sheets for each and every symbol. Is this the only way to do it or can I leave all my symbols in modelspace? Whenever I try it, I get told that there are no objects on any sheets. What form must my objects take? Message was edited by: mr_nick
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mr_nick
in reply to: mr_nick

Never mind. I found this page:

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2006/04/tip_for_custom_.html
Message 3 of 7
delliottg

I have AutoCAD 2005, and my publish screen is somewhat different than what's shown in the example in "beyond_the_paper". I only get layer information in the DWF data listing at the bottom of the publish options page. Is there a different procedure that I can use to get the block information available? I can currently (painfully) make symbols from individual sheets, but I can't create libraries as shown in the example. How can I do this using AutoCAD 2005? I have the most current downloads of Design Review installed.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

You might want to try publishing your DWG to DWF from Autodesk DWG TrueView

wrote in message news:5532090@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have AutoCAD 2005, and my publish screen is somewhat different than what's
shown in the example in "beyond_the_paper". I only get layer information in
the DWF data listing at the bottom of the publish options page. Is there a
different procedure that I can use to get the block information available?
I can currently (painfully) make symbols from individual sheets, but I can't
create libraries as shown in the example. How can I do this using AutoCAD
2005? I have the most current downloads of Design Review installed.
Message 5 of 7
delliottg

Thanks, that was the missing part.

Why does TrueView install MS Virtual PC?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

To my knowledge, it does not.
wrote in message news:5532180@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks, that was the missing part.

Why does TrueView install MS Virtual PC?
Message 7 of 7
delliottg

During the installation process, I was surprised to see Virtual PC screens instead of Autodesk stuff. When I look in Add / Remove programs Virtual PC shows up as installed today. Interestingly, TrueView 2007 does not show up in Add / Remove programs. I ran SetupDWGTrueView2007.exe to do the install. I wanted to uninstall it to try to reproduce the results but was unable to do so since it's not listed. I had wanted to attach a screen shot. So then I thought maybe Virtual PC was actually TrueView, but that's not the case either, it really is Virtual PC. TrueView wroks as well, at least for my purposes since I'm not sure what it's for. Weird, huh? To give you some bonafides, I spent nine years at Microsoft as a software test engineer, test lead and program manager, so hopefully I've got a clue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report