Design Review

Contributor
Kubass
Message 11 of 18 (2,296 Views)

Re: create custom stamp

11-13-2012 12:58 PM in reply to: cblocher

Hi Chris

I mean, how to create MY /customized/ dynamic stamp, with the new fields.

Kuba

Kuba
MAT
Board Manager
cblocher
Message 12 of 18 (2,291 Views)

11-13-2012 01:19 PM in reply to: Kubass

Hi Kuba,

I'm still not sure what you mean by "my dynamic stamp". The available Design Review stamps are provided by Autodesk. Additional stamps cannot be added to the list.

The dynamic information in a dynamic stamp (such as date and time) is only "dynamic" at the time the stamp is applied; after application, the information becomes static. And like other stamps, it's only editable after it's been applied.

That said, you can make custom symbols from stamps, but symbols are not dynamic.

Please do provide more detail/context of what you're trying to accomplish if further explanation is required.

Best,

Chris

Chris Blocher
Principal Learning Content Developer
Cloud Platforms

Autodesk, Inc.
jfertig34
Message 13 of 18 (2,286 Views)

11-13-2012 02:11 PM in reply to: Kubass

What I was trying to do when I originally posted on this forum 7 months ago was I believe the same thing Kubass and mies07 are / were trying to do.  I'm including a copy of our shop drawing stamp.  I would like for the check boxes to be "clickable", the signature field to be editable, and the date field to be dynamic (I understand that the date is fixed once "stamped", that's fine).  All architects that are actually building physical things need this ability and not some kludgy workaround that involves powerpoint.  I would like to be able to import a raster jpg/tiff/png/gif/etc and/or a vector pdf/cvg/eps/etc and then create the stamp from this.

Board Manager
cblocher
Message 14 of 18 (2,282 Views)

11-13-2012 08:19 PM in reply to: jfertig34

I understand now. Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, as you suspected, Autodesk Design Review doesn't allow custom stamps, dynamic or otherwise, only custom symbols.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Blocher
Cloud Platforms

Autodesk, Inc.
daniel.keeble
Message 15 of 18 (1,172 Views)

11-19-2013 07:25 AM in reply to: cblocher

I think what people are after is the ability to create their own stamps - customise them to their company standards etc -  it is this functionality that people are after - like an attribute block in AutoCAD.  any idea when this is likely to be included? what is needed is a block where you can edit A how it looks and B what fields you wish to enter.  anything else I think has been missing the point a bit.

Board Manager
cblocher
Message 16 of 18 (1,170 Views)

11-19-2013 08:00 AM in reply to: daniel.keeble

Hi Daniel, Thanks for the feedback.  I've logged the request so it can be considered.

Chris Blocher
Cloud Platforms

Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
airpro_chris
Message 17 of 18 (591 Views)

04-16-2014 07:01 PM in reply to: Kubass

Wow, I cant believe it took sooooo long to get the predicted "functionality not included' response to this question. As many people keep pointing out, using customized dynamic stamps is a key part of most companies workflows and Design Review is a looooong way behind Adobe and other .pdf editors with this feature. I like the product and promote its virtues far and wide but this issue always raises itself when any consultant, client or other interested party want to provide comments on submitted .dwfs.

Can we have some assurance from the developers that this feature is at least coming in future releases. I can find references to the issue in forums going back as far as 2005 so its hard to see why this is not yet available.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 18 of 18 (580 Views)

04-17-2014 11:00 AM in reply to: mies07
Friend, ADR development stopped in 2012. There is a long thread in this forum discussing it.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.