Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinates of 3D objects?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
adeel.zafar
449 Views, 1 Reply

coordinates of 3D objects?

Hi,

I am interested in reading x,y and/or z coordinates of objects from a model in DWF file. Do I have to use DWF toolkit or the Design Review API will help me here?

Additionally, while using Design Review API, I am not able to read the properties of 3d objects in a "grouped form". ADViewer.ECompositeViewer.Section.Content.Objects(0) does return me all the objects presents but it returns atomic objects. Like if I have an object created by 4 lines, this method returns 4 objects, each a line. I have figured out that this method returns the entities tags in xml representation of the dwf file, rather than objects tag). The Design Review interface on the other hand shows the grouped data in Model pallet. Which method should I used so that it returns me a name, lets say, square, when I ask for list of objects (assuming it is displaying square in design review model).

Thanks in advance,
Adeel.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lgdassis
in reply to: adeel.zafar

Hi,

Since the loop is made by sequence, the first name that appears is the father object.

So this is the one I use.

But I can't get the coordinates of the objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report