Design Review

Design Review

AFergusonHI
Message 1 of 24 (1,049 Views)

Composer vs Volo View 3

1049 Views, 23 Replies
04-23-2004 04:18 PM
Will VV3 be phased out in favor of Composer? Just purchased VV3 for markups - will an upgrade option be available to us?
*David S.
Message 2 of 24 (1,049 Views)

Re: Composer vs Volo View 3

04-23-2004 08:09 PM in reply to: AFergusonHI
If I'm not mistaken, I heard you can upgrade from VV3 to Composer for 49$ US. To purchase Composer new is 99$ as an introductory price and will be 149$ later on... Can sombody from Autodesk confirm this? I would hate to give the wrong information? -- Yours Truly, David Shabat davidshabat73@hotmail.com "AFergusonHI" wrote in message news:400223.1082762363339.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Will VV3 be phased out in favor of Composer? Just purchased VV3 for markups - will an upgrade option be available to us?
*Scott Sheppard
Message 3 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-24-2004 06:30 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
I do not work for Autodesk, but that is what I heard too. "David S." wrote in message news:4089da78_2@newsprd01... > If I'm not mistaken, I heard you can upgrade from VV3 to Composer for 49$ > US. To purchase Composer new is 99$ as an introductory price and will be > 149$ later on... > > Can sombody from Autodesk confirm this? I would hate to give the wrong > information?
Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 4 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-24-2004 08:23 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
Hello. Volo View 3 will continue to be available this year, as there are still capabilities that won't be covered by DWF Composer, specifically the viewing of Inventor files. DWF Composer will be the focus for Autodesk moving forward for the review, markup, and revise process.

An upgrade to DWF Composer will be available for Volo View customers. The price will be $49 and will be available from May through July 2004.

Hope this helps.

Doug Look, Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 5 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-24-2004 08:25 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
Hi Scott,

Thanks for joining in on the discussion. There will be a $49 upgrade to DWF Composer for Volo View customers in the US from May through July 2004. The suggested retail price for DWF Composer is $199, but with an introductory price right now of $99.

Autodesk, Inc.
Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 6 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-24-2004 08:27 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
David,

See my other posts. Upgrade will be available for Volo View customers from May through July 2004 for $49. Introductory price right now is $99. The full suggested retail price will be $199.

Autodesk, Inc.
*discussion.autodesk.com
Message 7 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-25-2004 08:13 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
Will Inventor file viewing capabilities be included at some time for DWF Composer, or will customers need to have both DWF Composer and VV3? Would it be Autodesk's intention that sometime in the future, a unified viewing/markup product be available? "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:25997245.1082820237281.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello. Volo View 3 will continue to be available this year, as there are still capabilities that won't be covered by DWF Composer, specifically the viewing of Inventor files. DWF Composer will be the focus for Autodesk moving forward for the review, markup, and revise process. >
*Rodney McManamy - CADzation
Message 8 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-26-2004 06:32 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
I'm guessing where they are heading with this is to create a DWF from your Inventor files and these are what you are going to send to your clients for markup and review. Even with VV3 if you send them the raw Inventor files you are letting out your intellectual property in a form that can easily be stolen. The DWF on the other hand provides some level of protection and doesn't give them the native file format that they can directly pull back into CAD. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "discussion.autodesk.com" wrote in message news:408bd5ab$1_2@newsprd01... > Will Inventor file viewing capabilities be included at some time for DWF > Composer, or will customers need to have both DWF Composer and VV3? Would > it be Autodesk's intention that sometime in the future, a unified > viewing/markup product be available? > > > "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message > news:25997245.1082820237281.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hello. Volo View 3 will continue to be available this year, as there are > still capabilities that won't be covered by DWF Composer, specifically the > viewing of Inventor files. DWF Composer will be the focus for Autodesk > moving forward for the review, markup, and revise process. > > > >
*Scott Sheppard
Message 9 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-26-2004 07:00 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
I was actually shocked when DWF Composer announced it had a DWG add-on module. It would have made more sense to keep DWF Composer DWF only. This would place the AutoCAD DWG users in the same boat as the Inventor users - use a DWF to distribute design data. Now that the pussy cat's out of the bag, it will be interesting to see how DWF Composer unfolds. "Rodney McManamy - CADzation" wrote in message news:408d0f76$1_1@newsprd01... > I'm guessing where they are heading with this is to create a DWF from your > Inventor files and these are what you are going to send to your clients for > markup and review. Even with VV3 if you send them the raw Inventor files > you are letting out your intellectual property in a form that can easily be > stolen. The DWF on the other hand provides some level of protection and > doesn't give them the native file format that they can directly pull back > into CAD.
*Murph
Message 10 of 24 (1,049 Views)

04-26-2004 07:38 AM in reply to: AFergusonHI
Scott, What DWG add-on module are you speaking of? The only thing I have seen with composer is a DWG Viewer that is avaible as a seperate program. It allows some one with out ACAD to view, measure & plot to scale a dwg not edit or save as or extract info out of. I haven't seen the final release yet so I don't know for sure. Murph "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message news:408d15fb$1_3@newsprd01... > I was actually shocked when DWF Composer announced it had a DWG add-on > module. It would have made more sense to keep DWF Composer DWF only. This > would place the AutoCAD DWG users in the same boat as the Inventor users - > use a DWF to distribute design data. Now that the pussy cat's out of the > bag, it will be interesting to see how DWF Composer unfolds. > > "Rodney McManamy - CADzation" wrote in message > news:408d0f76$1_1@newsprd01... > > I'm guessing where they are heading with this is to create a DWF from your > > Inventor files and these are what you are going to send to your clients > for > > markup and review. Even with VV3 if you send them the raw Inventor files > > you are letting out your intellectual property in a form that can easily > be > > stolen. The DWF on the other hand provides some level of protection and > > doesn't give them the native file format that they can directly pull back > > into CAD. > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.