Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Multiple Sheets

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
engr_mondo
2546 Views, 11 Replies

Comparing Multiple Sheets

How to compare all sheets contained in 2 dwf files having 50 sheets or more for each dwf files? Any TIPniques will be appreciated. TIA
Regards,

Mondo
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
herbert.he
in reply to: engr_mondo

Thank you for your question.

You can use ADR API IAdComparator to implement this functionality programatically. Please refer to API documentation for more information.

Any further questions please let me know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 12
bnn987654321
in reply to: herbert.he

I have another question.

Suppose I have 50 sheets, and different sheet is the last one.

In each comparison, if there is nothing different, the API will pop-up message window.

And the user must click the message before the next sheet to compare.

Is there any way to resolve this situation?

Message 4 of 12
herbert.he
in reply to: bnn987654321

Thank you for your question.

IAdComparator currently does not support to suppress this dialog. I've logged your request into our WISHLIST database and it will be considered for possible inclusion in future releases.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12
abrusil33
in reply to: herbert.he

Guys, 

It is 2013 now and imaging how long it takes to compare 40 sheets (20 to 40 minutes).

"You can use ADR API - IAdComparator to implement this functionality programmatically." is not an option if you have some design to do. 

I am wondering if Autodesk employee or executives ever monitor the performance and the feedback on the software they make. 

For instance: Drawing TABs were available by some programmers since 2009, it took 4 years for Autodesk to add that function... 4 years to follow up is VERY LONG time.

Can you please pass on or let us know if there is any option for MULTI-SHEET COMPARISON available or plans to be added to ADR in the near future?

Thanks for and advise on ADR API staff but there is no way to figure out how to do that, otherwise someone would post it here a long time ago.

I tried to use your advice and could not even understand where to start from after downloading all staff that goes with API…

Regards,

Alex

Message 6 of 12
pendean
in reply to: abrusil33

See your other post.
Message 7 of 12
abrusil33
in reply to: pendean

I am not sure what do you mean... 

Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: engr_mondo

Message 9 of 12
abrusil33
in reply to: pendean

I am sorry, pendean..

I understood your reference, but you did not answer the question though...

If ADR goes out of business then what is for multi-sheet comparison at this time.

What is going out to substitute ADR by Autodesk anyways, if you know of course.

Regards,

Alex

Message 10 of 12
pendean

Nobody knows... .
Message 11 of 12
dgorsman

Nobody can say for sure due to non-disclosure agreements surrounding program development.  The current path forward as I understand it is using cloud-based review tools which may include an "offline" component for desktop users.

Keep in mind that AutoDesk is an aircraft carrier of software.  Project goals are established years in advance, so one (or even several) people wanting a feature won't get it added.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 12
abrusil33
in reply to: dgorsman

Nice... It's kind of funny to assume that Autodesk is that shallow team to force cloud sharing meanwhile companies like apple, Intel, or Microsoft have Intellectual Property as No.1 priority to avoid their sensitive staff bouncing in the "clouds." Cloud idea is just a hard drive space on-line and for sale, like nothing is new. Well, the generation of “old school” of dictatorship must go underwater at any time soon, and you sound like they know the needs but won't do it for some "hidden" reason until there would be the price that right to move on... See what happening with apple OS vs. Android... There is always something alternative if things don't go the right way... Skype’s dilemma found the way for tens of similar software out there. Isn’t it? There must be some easier way to get multi-sheet comparison option available. May be I am asking the wrong people. (No offence)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report