Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change scale of a DWF for creating a detail

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
paulbenbow1
515 Views, 1 Reply

Change scale of a DWF for creating a detail

I am trying to zoom in and then make a detail via the CAMERA tool. ADR makes the new .DWF file, but when I save it, the new .DWF file is the same scale as the parent drawing.

How can I zoom in, make a detail into a new sheet that I can send to someone.

THANKS

Paul
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cblocher
in reply to: paulbenbow1

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you tried using the Snapshot tool (camera icon) to create a new sheet. And it also sounds like that didn't quite get you where you wanted to be.

Have you tried creating a "My View"? It's a custom view that can be stored in the existing DWF file. Saving a "My View" is the only way to save Layer, Move and Rotate, and Cross Section view changes.

To create a My View, arrange the items on the canvas and set the view the way you want it to be saved.

Then on the Views palette title bar, click the Palette Options button and choose Save View.

The selected view is saved in the Views palette under My Views as My View 1. Additional views are saved as My View 2, My View 3, and so on. You can rename saved views as desired.

Then just send the DWF file and tell the reviewer to check out the view you saved.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report