Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open a .dwf file with ADR 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rwarnoldjr321
1933 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot open a .dwf file with ADR 2012

I keep getting the follwoing message when I am trying to open a .dwf file with ADR 2012.  "Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type". I have attached the file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Kalicy
in reply to: rwarnoldjr321

Thank you for your question.

This is an invaild dwf file. Could you tell me how you created this DWF file?

Kalicy Zhou
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
MarketaJ
in reply to: Kalicy

I have the same problem.

My DWF has been created in Autocad Electrical 2011.

Message 4 of 8
ltrobough
in reply to: MarketaJ

I've been having a simlar problem and it doesn't appear there are any items in the KB related to this or an upgrade/hotfix. Here's the issue. I install ADR 2012 and the program works fine for a while. Then out of the blue I get an error message saying "There was a problem displaying the file". This is not a problem that is unique to ADR 2012. I had the exact same problem with ADR 2011. And the problem there originally started with the same error message given by the originator of this post. You might ask when I've put up with this for so long and quite honestly I would say that Autodesk's service is so good I expected to see a fix quickly since I didn't think I was the only one experiencing this issue. The fact is that all I have to do is uninstall ADR 2012, reboot my computer, and reinstall ADR 2012 and it works fine for a few days. Then the problem reappears. And once the problem reappears there is nothing that can be done but to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. I've tried doing a repair and that doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling over the current installation and that doesn't workd. The only thing that works is uninstall, reboot, and reinstall... uninstall, reboot, and reinstall... uninstall, reboot, and reinstall... Can you feel my frustration? Excuse me while I go uninstall, reboot, and reinstall...

Message 5 of 8
Kalicy

Thank you for your question.

Please upload a sample file into this thread for us to investigate in more detail.

Kalicy Zhou
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 8
MarketaJ

Hello.

Thank you for your effort to solve my problem. Unfortunately I cannot upload the file into this public thread (drawing contains information which can'T be released). Anyway, the DWF seems to be ok - I have no problem with opening it, only my customer (has restricted access to some parts of C:/ disc) has.

Message 7 of 8
jbakerLP

I am experiencing the same error. I imported PDF's into ADR2012, marked them up and save them. I have accessed them several times and now I can not open them. My OS is Windows 7.

Message 8 of 8

Similar issue.  Created a dwfx file from Inventor 2012.  Started marking up the DWFx file.  Saved a couple times.  Went to save after adding additional markups and received an error that the file couldn't save.  Now double clicking on any dwfx file opens ADR but doesn't load the dwfx file.  Selecting the Open command doesn't display the Open dialog box.  Trying to open a known good dwfx file in IE receive error that current version of design review does not support files of this type.

Uninstalled and re-installed, same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report