Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install or uninstall Autodesk Design Review 2008

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
aguillermo
2056 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot install or uninstall Autodesk Design Review 2008

After trying to uninstall autodesk to try to re-install the application I receive the following DesignReview.exe -Application Error, using an elevated profile.

The insturctions at "0x00411043" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
I have attempted to even use the windows installer clean up utility and still get the same error.

Can anyone please help
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: aguillermo

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem. Could you solve it?

Olivier
Message 3 of 9
khodson3

I get a Fatal Error during installation message while trying to finish up the Autodesk Design Review 2009 setup. Now I get a similar message while trying to remove the download via Add/Remove Software app on Windows XP (2002).
So I believe I have the same problem as you two above. Have you guys found a fix?
I searched for a 2007, 2008 (maybe 2006) version which was on my previous PC which did work for me - but the 2009 see up exe wants to govern the process.
Message 4 of 9
cblocher

Hi Folks,

Does the post here help?: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5527114

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 5 of 9
khodson3

That did not work for me. For reference the steps provided in that thread were:
1. Uninstall Design Review via Add/Remove Programs
2. Delete this entire folder: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review
3. Delete this entire folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\DWF Common
4. Delete this entire user preferences folder: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review\4.0\userdata\woof_toolformats.xml

1. This doesn't work - this is the reason for my initial post.
2. Folder does not exist as noted.
3. Dialogue box tells me "Access Denied"
4. Folder does not exist as noted.
Message 6 of 9
khodson3

Sorry to all for following up to my own message. I can't get Design Review to install or remove as per my previous comments.
So I went to a coworker who went to our AutoDesk distributor to get a disk copy. I thought a disk may install and I could use this product.
Side note: I had this product a few years ago but lost it along with a crashed machine. I currently have TrueView but missed the measuring tool.
So I now have a disk - but alas - the set-up says it is already installed. I can't uninstall it (see posts above). So I'm going to give up on this product.

I'd give it zero stars out of five.
Message 7 of 9
cblocher

Out of curiosity, have you tried the SP?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9338138

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 8 of 9
archj2000

I get a similar error message:

"C:\Programs\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review\DesignReview.exe

This Application has Failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Then when I try to uninstall the app it appears to remove itself from Add/Remove Programs, but all the files and folders associated with ADR are still there. When I try to reinstall the app it says a newer version is already installed.

I have run the Microsoft Windows Installer Clean Up utility which then enables me to re-install the app. But during the install I get a load of "Error 1904" errors appearing for different files and dll's. When I attempt to run the program again I just get the error I started with.

I am running Design Review 2009 SP1 on Windows XP SP3 machine.

Please Help!
Message 9 of 9
bpayseure

I cannot load Autodesk Design Review 2009. I get the error message "Fatal Error during Installation." It refers me to an installation log that is of no use whatsoever. I am unable to uninstall Autodesk Design Review 2008. Trying to uninstall using Control Panels, I get the error message "Fatal Error During Installation." I have tried all of the advice in this message thread but nothing helps. Does anyone have any advice?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums