Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open a DWF or DWFX in Design Review - WHY???

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
LisaDrago
5287 Views, 14 Replies

Can't Open a DWF or DWFX in Design Review - WHY???

I created a DWF and DWFx from a Navisworks file and I cannot open it in Design Review.

This is not the first time this has happened - I stopped using design review because of this. I tell my clients not to use it because it does not work - Why is this?

Anyone have any ideas why?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: LisaDrago

Post samples... .

Message 3 of 15
LisaDrago
in reply to: pendean

I can't upload them - they are too big for this site

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 15
cgusi

Good morning Lisa, sometimes I've the same problems caused by an .dwf file generated from inventor assembly. This generically when the file is over 3 Mb big.

Several times, I can open it but when I try to print ADR 2012 freeze.

How big are your .dwf file?

Message 5 of 15
pendean

Message 6 of 15
LisaDrago
in reply to: cgusi

Well - just a tich over that 3mb limit... 37.8 mb.... Smiley Surprised

it was made from a navisworks file that has 3 revit models combined. The Navis is a little offer 33mb - which is big for a Navis file.

So there is a limit to the file size DR can handle... That is not good..  

I have a client looking for a free viewer to use in their company for those who are not computer savvy.

any ideas.... I thought about navis freedom - but they want to be able to see it on ipads.

THanks for your help!!

LD

Message 7 of 15
LisaDrago

I would rather use my dropbox instead of having to sign up for another sharing site... What email can I use to invite you to the shared folder...

LD

Message 8 of 15
pendean

There is no sign up there, the link dies after a few days too.

Besides, the point is to share files here so that everyone can dive in and assist and provide insight and possible fix.

Message 9 of 15
LisaDrago

i get an error - i have tried it twice.... image attached....

LD

Message 10 of 15
tkendrick

I, too, am having this problem, pretty much to the letter. I have exported a DWF from Navisworks, a model consolidated from 9 separate files. The DWF file is 26MB. I thought it might be display drivers so I tried both DirectX and OpenGL settings in ADR, but neither setting made a difference.

I have uploaded both the NWD I used to export from and the DWF to that wikisend link provided by pendean.

http://wikisend.com/download/139982/Consolidated Model.nwd

http://wikisend.com/download/138620/Consolidated Model.dwf

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 11 of 15
howsky

@LisaDrago wrote:

Well - just a tich over that 3mb limit... 37.8 mb.... Smiley Surprised

it was made from a navisworks file that has 3 revit models combined. The Navis is a little offer 33mb - which is big for a Navis file.

So there is a limit to the file size DR can handle... That is not good..  

I have a client who is one of the top web designers looking for a free viewer to use in their company for those who are not computer savvy.

any ideas.... I thought about navis freedom - but they want to be able to see it on ipads.

THanks for your help!!

LD

LD,

Have you made an official request for this? This could be something they would be very interested in hearing about and they could make an upgrade. Just a thought 🙂

Message 12 of 15
Karassavas69

Hi

I have been using Design Review Dwfx files of over 180megs daily and not once had issues untill last 23 months where recently created 35meg and 66meg dwfx Models wont open.

Seems suspiciously to be when I created these dwfx files- Pre or Post Autodesk 360 dwf usage.

Message 13 of 15
JulianaMilanov

Tell your client to use Navisworks Freedom. Free Viewer much better then Design review.

Message 14 of 15
dkaster
in reply to: JulianaMilanov

I can't open a dwfx from a public.boxcloud.com that is 53.2 MB say current version of design review does not support files of this type.  Do I need to redownload the program?

Message 15 of 15
pendean
in reply to: dkaster

If you move the file to your PC, then open it with DesignReview, does it work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report