Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Design Review in any WinXP 32

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eluis2012
3404 Views, 2 Replies

Can't install Design Review in any WinXP 32

Hi,

I tried, in the last 4 weeks, to install Design review in severall computers running Windows XP 32 bits.

I have allways the same error - Internet connection problems. That's not true.

I can't install in any of them.

In my machine, with Win7 64 was installed with no error, at the first time.

Attached is the error.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
p_younker
in reply to: eluis2012

Sorry this reply is of no assistance only complaint of similar problem but on a Win7 64 bit version.

I had previously sucessfully installed ver 2011 and 2012 on the same machine.

When I started the program (2012) it notified me of upgraded version (2013) being available for download, to which I assented to the upgrade. Following the uninstall 2012 portion it choked when attempting the download of 2013 telling me I had no Internet connection, which was wrong on all counts.

It matters not how I attempt to install the 2013 version, from fresh boot up or not it balks with the same error message.

So here I sit with NO version installed for use and looking for a solution as well!

Any help appreciated!

Paul

Message 3 of 3
p_younker
in reply to: eluis2012

As typically happens, when checking a drawing for 30 mins, the errors become obvious the moment you push the print or send button...

I figured I'd download the package and install it directly since I was doing a stand alone.

Apparently I authorized installation of the Download Mgr on my computer.

I was unable to download the package at all. I finally deduced the Download Mgr may be the problem and disabled it from my MS Explorer 9. Download problem went away. So for whatever reason, Win 7 64 bit, Explorer 9, incompatability whatever. Downloaded the package (>700MB) and it installed successfully.

Things are working again.

Everyone with similar systems may wish to check for and disable Download Mgr to see if this helps...

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report