Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't digitally sign a file in Design Review 2011

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
pedro.guima
4552 Views, 13 Replies

Can't digitally sign a file in Design Review 2011

Hello,

We've the an issue related with digital signing in Autodesk Design Review 2011. An error occurs every time a domain user or administrator tries to digitally sign a document, showing a popup with the following text: "I/O error signing document". However, it works correctly with local users and administrators. 

The domain isn't configured with active directory.

In the exact same conditions, digital signing in Autodesk Design Review 2010 works perfectly.

Best regards.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
SilviaCao
in reply to: pedro.guima

Plese create a new Digital Certificate with the domain user and add the digital to the dwf file again.

Siliva

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 14
pedro.guima

Digital certificates are generated by a specific software that uses a smart card reader.

It keeps working on Design Review 2010 but not on 2011.

Message 4 of 14
SilviaCao

Thank you for your reply.

Do the local users (and administrators) set in any domain? Can any domain user digitally sign a file?

Please send more information about your domain configurations.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 14
pedro.guima

Hello,

Outside and inside of the domain, local administrators and local users have no problems signing documents.

Domain administrator and domain users are not able to digitally sign the files. This problem won't occur with other software, in the same conditions.

The domain is configured with samba.

Best regards.

Message 6 of 14
SilviaCao

I cannot reproduce the issue with the following steps:

1. Log on a machine with a domain user;
  2. Add digital to a DWF file in ADR;
  3. A warning dialog “No valid certificates available for signing document” pops up;
  4. Create Digital Certificate with the tool “Digital Certificate for VBA Projects”, which you can get from Microsoft.
  5. Add Digital again; and success.

If you get the same warning dialog, then you need to recreate a Digital Certificate.

If not, please send us more information:

1. The steps to reproduce the error.
  2. The OS (Win XP, or Win 7…) and language environment (English, or French…).

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 14
pedro.guima

Hello,

It is not possible to recreate the digital certificate since it is inside a smart card (citzen card. Check: http://www.cartaodecidadao.pt/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en ). 

The digital certificate that is inside this card it is used successfully with other software in the same conditions (including Design Review 2010).

The steps to reproduce the error are:

1 - Create a new file in DR2011.

2- Save the file

3- Add digital certificate (it should automatically recognize the digital certificate inside the smart card but instead gives an I/O error.)

The operating system is Win XP - Portuguese.

Regards

Message 8 of 14
SilviaCao

Autodesk Design Review (ADR) has a known issue that when the current user name contains the character ‘.’ ADR cannot add digital signature.

Please check your user name; if there is ‘.’, please change the user name (remove ‘.’) and add digital signature again.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 14
EmmaPic
in reply to: SilviaCao

Hi

I am having the same issue where I cannot digitally sign a DWFx in 2011. I get the same error as above. I created a few new certificates, none of them worked and none had a '.' within the user name.

Please help!

Thanks

Emma

Message 10 of 14
SilviaCao
in reply to: EmmaPic

Thank you for your feedback.

Please let me know:

1. Does all the DWFx files have the I/O error to add digital signature, or some of them have the error?

If some of the DWFx have the I/O error, please attach one of your case DWFx file to this thread.

1. When Autodesk Design Review (ADR) pops up the I/O error, please try to rename the DWFx file; and let me know the result.
  2. Please check the system temporary folder, does it contain character ‘.’? If yes, please remove the ‘.’ And add the digital signature again. Like:

My temporary folder is “C:\Users\caos.ads\Local Settings\Temp”;

I need to change it like that “C:\Users\caos_ads\Local Settings\Temp”.

These can help up to research the digital signature issue.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 14
EmmaPic

Hi

All files I have tried don't work, but another colleague here can do it fine.

I checked my temporary folder and there is a '.' in between my first and second name, and this cannot be changed. My colleague who can sign does not have the '.' within his name which probably means that is the cause.

Does that mean that everyone who has their account set up that way (90% of us) can't digitally sign?

Thanks

Emma

Message 12 of 14
pedro.guima
in reply to: EmmaPic

The problem was the '.' character. 

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Message 13 of 14
JoséLPérez

Hi:

When I tried to add a digital signature to a drawing, ADR show me the "I/O error signing document" message.  I don't have a "." in my temporary folder.  I'll appreciate hour help.  Regards

José L. Pérez

Message 14 of 14
rcostafaro
in reply to: JoséLPérez

I tried to sign with DR2013 and I have the same problem. I used to be able to sign, but, with the new identitu card I cannot do it anymore the I/O error shows up What can I do?

I'm able to sign pdf/a files, so it is not a certificate error, only in DR I have the problem.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums