Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# .NET Framework Support?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
545 Views, 4 Replies

C# .NET Framework Support?

Using AutoDesk's API's requires using C++ and MFC. I've observed that C# and the .NET Framework can now be used to develop Envision solutions. I hope this represents a trend to enable AutoDesk products to be used with contemporary development languages and tools and wonder what other good news C# developers can look forward to -- especially with regard to Composer and other AutoDesk products that need to be integrated with other business processes. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know about the DWF Composer specifically, but there is definitely a trend of providing .NET API's for Autodesk products. I, like you, sure hope that trend continues into all of their products. -- Bobby C. Jones "clintonG" wrote in message news:409fece4$1_1@newsprd01... > Using AutoDesk's API's requires using C++ and MFC. I've observed > that C# and the .NET Framework can now be used to develop > Envision solutions. > > I hope this represents a trend to enable AutoDesk products to be used > with contemporary development languages and tools and wonder what > other good news C# developers can look forward to -- especially with > regard to Composer and other AutoDesk products that need to be > integrated with other business processes. > > -- > <%= Clinton Gallagher > A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development > Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA > NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com > URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Can two guys start a trend? :-) <%= Clinton Gallagher "Bobby C. Jones" wrote in message news:40a0ea06$1_3@newsprd01... > I don't know about the DWF Composer specifically, but there is definitely a > trend of providing .NET API's for Autodesk products. I, like you, sure hope > that trend continues into all of their products. > -- > Bobby C. Jones > > "clintonG" wrote in message > news:409fece4$1_1@newsprd01... > > Using AutoDesk's API's requires using C++ and MFC. I've observed > > that C# and the .NET Framework can now be used to develop > > Envision solutions. > > > > I hope this represents a trend to enable AutoDesk products to be used > > with contemporary development languages and tools and wonder what > > other good news C# developers can look forward to -- especially with > > regard to Composer and other AutoDesk products that need to be > > integrated with other business processes. > > > > -- > > <%= Clinton Gallagher > > A/E/C Consulting, Web Design, e-Commerce Software Development > > Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin USA > > NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com > > URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Les Leroux

Make that 3.
Message 5 of 5
BOWDENP

Actually makes 4 now. As an IT person, not an AutoCAD user, I need to integrate AutoCAD products into the business. We are strictly .NET and I find it quite strange that Autodesk have not opened up more to business integrators. Maybe Autodesk would feel more comfortable with a different licensing model for this approach.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report