Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design review system requirements and x64 compability

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
radeoxx
1206 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Design review system requirements and x64 compability

Hello,

I'd like to start using Autodesk Design Review with my company, and we are going to purchase new computers to use the software but a few things are not clear for me.

- What are the recommended system requirements? I have read through the minimal system requirements and they are not very high. 

- How about x64 compability? Because we run the program currently on one x64 OS and it is not very stable. It somethimes hangs etc.

And 2 important questions:

- Would a core i7 processor be overkill? Which processor should we choose which is fast enough to run the program well?

- And how about an NVIDIA Quadro 2000 video card? (It is about $500 here, really expensive).  or would a Quadro 1800 be ok ($450) or perhaps another card which is cheaper...(about $250 would be much better).

The costs are important so if you could advice me here... (it is important that the videocard can output 1920x1080 on FOUR screens at the same time. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Liust
in reply to: radeoxx

Thank you for your questions.

Please read the System Requirements section on the online document:

Autodesk Design Review 2011 Help

Autodesk Design Review is a 32bit version application, but it works fine in both 32bit and 64bit systems.

For the video card, do not have special requirement for Design Review.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
ericspahn2878
in reply to: radeoxx

I have a 4 year old HP with the Quadro FX1800 card.  I run Revit, Autocad, and Design Review split across 2 identical 20" screens at 1600x900 without problems.  Some of our bigger models get a little slow, but they seem to run slow on all of our machines - my guess is that is related to other things, not the graphics.

Also, the machine is running Window 7 64 bit.  It was orginally ordered with Windows ME 64 bit, but was upgrade to Win 7 x64 when it became available.  All of that worked surprisingly well considering the flack MS caught for Win ME.

As for the processor, my thought is there is no such thing as overkill, but maybe others will have input on that.  I would think sticking with Intel's Haswell technology should give you more flexibility than Sandybridge for future upgrades whatever they maybe.

I'm an architectural engineer with about 4 years experience running this software day in and day out (I spent 10 years running just AutoCAD before that).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report