Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review 2013 is now available for download!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
herbert.he
63602 Views, 27 Replies

Autodesk Design Review 2013 is now available for download!

Hi Folks,

Autodesk Design Review 2013 is now available for download from our website!

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
justinpcarr
in reply to: herbert.he

Hi, can't seem to download the software though the installer program (had the same problem with ADR 2012). Keep getting "(0x2: Failed to download component.) Tried without Trent Micro Client running, no joy. Is there a link to manually download an .msi file for this please?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 28
herbert.he
in reply to: justinpcarr

Thank you for your feedback.

Download .MSI file from here and read the Installation Guide.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 28
greggbehmer

I'm getting an installation failed error using the exe file.  The following failed to install:

Autodesk Design Review 2012 (0x0: Internal Error)

I have Windows 7  Professional 64-bit OS.

I had ADR 2012 installed and functional.  As part of the 2013 install it uninstalled 2012, but ultimately the installation failed.  Screenshot attached.

Message 5 of 28
justinpcarr

Many thanks for the link. Software installed perfectly.

Thanks again

JP Carr.

Message 6 of 28
greggbehmer

It looks like the msi install worked for me too.

Message 7 of 28

Well I tried it off the back of Autodesk Revit structural suite 2013 from the subscription and it installed with errors, I un-installed and tried to re-install and it just keeps telling me to check my internet connection. Typical buggy Autodesk software.

Any bright spark have any idea how to get this thing to install?

See http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/errors-installing-revit-structure-2013.html

Message 8 of 28

Thank you for your question.

Regarding to the error "0x2: Failed downloading component.", it's probably because the improper "Downloads" security setting in Internet Zone. Please refer to the reply from p_younker in the thead http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Revi​ew/Can-t-install-Design-Review-in-any-WinXP-32/td...

Hope that helps.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 28

Thank you for the swift reply although it does not answer the question re the corrupt graphics file when installing off the Revit Structure Suite download as on my blog site. 

However your link gives me a page not found error

Message 10 of 28

Thank you for your feedback.

Correct above invalid link here.

One another discussion group focuses specifically on Revit Structure. I suggest that you can post your question in that group.

Please try the following link for your convenience.

Autodesk Revit Structure

Any further question please let me know. 

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 28

If you take a look at my posting at http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/errors-installing-revit-structure-2013.html It's the Design Review 2013 that screws up not the Revit Structure.

They are likley to point me back here...... bottom line there is a problem in your install software that needs to be resolved from within Autodesk

Message 12 of 28
Kevinmcdaniel
in reply to: greggbehmer

Mine too.

Message 13 of 28
JMPrice

when I try to download Design Review 2013, I get a "no internet connection" error.  I.ve checked, and my internet connect is OK.  The update erased Design Review 2012.

Message 14 of 28
bnelson1

I am attempting to install Design Review 2013, I have the latest version of .Net Framework 4 and MS Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable x64.

When I attempt to run SetupDesignReview2013.msi it says the following error: "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistrubutable is required to continue with the installation. Please visit Microsoft download site to retrieve the redistributable package."

The funny this is that I have it installed, configured and installed another vendor's software that required the same C++ package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 15 of 28
herbert.he
in reply to: bnelson1

Thank you for reporting this issue

You need install MS Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86) which can be downloaded from Microsoft's website.

Any further question please let me know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 28
RBG-UK-CAD

Hi, I'm getting "Error 1720" when attempting either exe ot msi files. Also got the same error when installing through the Revit installation file. I tried repairing the MS Visual C++, uninstalling then reintsalling it and SP1 but still get the attached error. 

Message 17 of 28

I'm having trouble installing ADR 2013.  Seems to me I need to delete an ADR 2012 folder in the registry.  I get an 0x643 Internal Error when trying to install ADR 2013.

Can you tell me which folders pertain to Design Review 2012 as you have described earlier versions:

2. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Pro​ducts\
3. Delete the folder pertaining to the older version of Design Review that's currently installed: - For 2011, delete the 7D4B02D8224399043923932FE716A7F6 folder. - For 2010, delete the 620E9D550BCDFF646BA0869B2722C86F folder. - For 2009, delete the AA360054B346C714C85F04B53A4FFE04 folder. - For 2008, delete the E302FCAFD4F0A9848BC01D5852C3F8BC folder.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous

Great!!

It automaticly un-installed design review 2012.

Now it just tells me I have no internet connection, which I definately do.

Ive been left with no design review software on my machine......

Thanks very much!

Message 19 of 28

I get that same error on all installations.

We spent hours trying to get formerly functioning Design Review to install the new version.

Better to use the old version even if we have to keep our hammer and chisels.

WHy hasnt this been addressed since March 2012?!?

Message 20 of 28
KoolBud88

Just recently downloaded Autodesk Design Review.   I've noticed a bug in the polyline measurement mark up summary.  It occurs when opening a DWF with polyline measurements, making a change to an existing polyline by changing it's length.   The view shows the length changing but when I perform a "Save Markup Summary" the polyline's length that was just changed is not reflected in the new csv file.  The length remains as it was originally created.    I use the csv file  a lot to compute the aggregate length of multiple polylines all of the time.   This is a huge henderance in the 2013 version. This only occurrs after opening a previously closed DWF file and one make changes to existing polylines.

Has anyone else noticed this in Autodesk 2013??

I have reverted to 2012 and this bug is not there....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report