Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review 2013 Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alexdev50
821 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Design Review 2013 Error

Hello,

I am getting an error with one of our users using ADR2013. Whenever he goes to launch it either by clicing icon or opening through a drawing, he gets an error that pops up and says "Design Review closed unexpectdely. Auto Recovery is enabled and an open file was saved. Please reopen the file to recover it."

I have tried repairing, reinstalling and uninstalled completely and doing a fresh install. Nothing has helped so far. Please let me know what I can do to get rid of this error.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: alexdev50

This happens with all DWF files the user is trying to open? or just the one?
What if you change the location of the DWF file?
Is the user a local admin in WIndows? or a very restricted user?
Message 3 of 6
alexdev50
in reply to: pendean

It happens with all DWF files no matter location. Also happens when just trying to open design review by itself. I have not tried changing the dwf location but I do not think that is it since the program itself will not even open without giving thr error.

They are a restricted user but I bumped them up to admin to see if that would help and it did not even with a reboot.

Message 4 of 6
ukdxb012

Despite the error your getting, if you select ok is ADR 2013 still usable? If so, why not just select the "Don't show me this again" and click ok.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
alexdev50
in reply to: ukdxb012

We have in house software that uses ADR 2013. It will not work when getting this error message first, even if we select do not show again. Does no one have a fix for this?

Message 6 of 6
ukdxb012

Unfortunately ADR is no longer developed by Autodesk, focus for the DWF is being pushed towards A360 of which there is an API viewer available which your in house software could use instead of ADR. I personally haven't experienced the issue you are facing and having scanned other forums, there is no accepted solution or clues anywhere else to remove this error.

If you have Autodesk Subscription I would advise raising a support ticket for this issue to see if they can help.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report