Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review 2013 error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sungeric
2164 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Design Review 2013 error

Hi - I just suddenly started getting an error with ADR 2013. When i try to open any dwf file, the following error message would pop up - "Design Review closed unexpectedly. Auto Recovery is enabled and an open file was saved. Please reopen the file to recover it."

I can close the error message and the file that I'm trying to work on is in read only mode. I have found that I can save the file as something else and work on it without closing ADR. I guess I can keep using this, but having to see the message and close it out, resave the file every single time is annoying and time consuming.

I have tried to repair ADR and completely reinstall ADR 2013. both attempts didn't help with the error. 

The only thing that changed on my computer is we switched to Office 365. not sure if that's causing some problem with ADR 2013. I also don't see any service packs of ADR 2013 and any other information on this problem.

thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sungeric

Office 365 removes VBA modules and seems to be messing with some Autodesk software installations for some users. I've not seen a fix yet that does not involve removing MSO365.
Message 3 of 4
sungeric
in reply to: pendean

thank you for the response. Design Review 2013 seems to be operating fine with the error, so I am going to keep using it. removing MSO365 is not an option, since it's an officewide move.

thanks again!

Eric

Message 4 of 4
mhd720
in reply to: sungeric

I am also getting this error after a recent ACADE 2016 and Design Review 2013 reinstall. Design review appears to work normally other than this error upon opening a file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report