Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Create Custom Stamp

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mbelletty
1285 Views, 7 Replies

AutoDesk Create Custom Stamp

Hi

I have a customer who uses the Autodesk Design review Software to read detailed drawings.

he has asked about creating a table as a custom stamp that they can insert into a drawing file and fill out.

Is there a way of doing this, or is there something I can get to create it for us?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ukdxb012
in reply to: mbelletty

This should be possible but it will be a blank table of just lines. It wouldn't work like a table in AutoCAD but it could be filled in with text or filled in by hand.

I wouldn't spend too much time looking at this though as AD is no longer being developed.

All you need to do is print the table created in AutoCAD to DWF and import the DWF as a symbol catalog. Check out this useful link... http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/autodesk-autocad-symbol-libraries-for.html

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
mbelletty
in reply to: ukdxb012

thanks for the info.

if our competitors are able to do this at the moment, is it more than likely becuase they have created the stamp in Autocad or similar?

And they insert the stamp using AutoCad?

Message 4 of 8
ukdxb012
in reply to: mbelletty

Glad i could help! Please dont forget to accept this as the solution in order to help others find answers and Kudos for myself 🙂

If others are doing this already then yes, they will have created a Block in AutoCAD and will be utilising this in both AutoCAD (Block) and Design Review (Stamp)

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 8
tzhng.lim
in reply to: ukdxb012

Dear Duncan Brannan,

Your suggested method worked. But when you suggested that in 2014 you said, ADR is no longer developed. However, the latest version we have is 2018. I believe it remains widely in use and I can't think of a better app where drawings could be reviewed and marked-up by 3rd parties. It would be a mistake for Autodesk to drop this product. While competing CAD developers are offering free 2D packages to attract customers to their line of products, Autodesk would be at the losing end without ADR.

Just my 2 cents.

Tim Lim
Design Manager
THESB
Message 6 of 8
a_meteni
in reply to: tzhng.lim

@ukdxb012  statement is correct. ADR development is no longer in progress since 2014. 2018 release was just for windows 10 compatibility issues.  Autodesk is now pushing for the online solutions and I believe ADR was the first desktop tool headed to the cloud. And the rest will follow Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: tzhng.lim

Read this from the head of the ADR program at Autodesk Design Review Development News

Message 8 of 8
tzhng.lim
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the link. I will respond from there.

Tim Lim
Design Manager
THESB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report