Design Review

Design Review

Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 11 of 17 (1,007 Views)

Re: ARX Object Enablers

05-18-2004 07:20 PM in reply to: *PrisM
Hi Priscilla,
Sounds like you're already aware of the workarounds that I found out about. So, it looks like we'll need to add this to our ever expanding wish list. I'll do my best to pass along your thoughts relative to creating an OE.

I wish I had better answers. Thanks for taking the time to engage us in this discussion.

Best regards,

Doug
*Alan Cole
Message 12 of 17 (1,007 Views)

06-16-2004 01:34 PM in reply to: *PrisM
Doug, I would be interested if you are going to add the ability to view Rtext in your DWG Viewer. I have been looking for a viewer that will handle Rtext for the last 3 years to no avail. This has been a subject in the express tools newsgroup and the acad newsgroups on and off for at least as long. I have contacted our VAR and they in turn have contacted Autodesk. All the while this request seems to be shrugged of by Autodesk. I believe that there are a great many users who have used Rtext in one form or another, and that there are a whole bunch of drawings with this feature being used (for us its well over a 50,000 drawings, and we're a smaller company, only 2 drafters). While I like the new field feature, and plan on implementing it soon, there is still the issue of all these legacy drawings that would be difficult to update to the new feature. Al "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:11327296.1083896834563.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Priscilla, > > Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to pass this along to see what we can determine. > > Doug Look, Product Manager > Autodesk, Inc.
*Scott Sheppard
Message 13 of 17 (1,007 Views)

06-16-2004 02:54 PM in reply to: *PrisM
I think issues like Rtext are exactly what they are going with DWF. If AutoCAD 2005 does not place your Rtext into the DWF generated, then that's a real problem. Let's see what Doug responds with. It will be interesting to see of the DWG viewer that accompanies DWF Composer is a short term utility or remains as part of the product over the years to come. "Alan Cole" wrote in message news:40d0aec1$1_2@newsprd01... > Doug, > > I would be interested if you are going to add the ability to view Rtext in > your DWG Viewer. I have been looking for a viewer that will handle Rtext > for the last 3 years to no avail. This has been a subject in the express > tools newsgroup and the acad newsgroups on and off for at least as long. I > have contacted our VAR and they in turn have contacted Autodesk. All the > while this request seems to be shrugged of by Autodesk. I believe that > there are a great many users who have used Rtext in one form or another, and > that there are a whole bunch of drawings with this feature being used (for > us its well over a 50,000 drawings, and we're a smaller company, only 2 > drafters). While I like the new field feature, and plan on implementing it > soon, there is still the issue of all these legacy drawings that would be > difficult to update to the new feature.
Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 14 of 17 (1,007 Views)

06-16-2004 07:06 PM in reply to: *PrisM
All I can say is that we'll certainly consider this request. I believe that even AutoCAD LT does not support Rtext. Scott is correct that we're trying to put our efforts around using DWF for viewing and markup solutions. However, we also recognize that DWG files will be out there for a long time.

--Doug
Dennis Mullen
Message 15 of 17 (1,007 Views)

07-02-2004 12:33 PM in reply to: *PrisM
I am trying to open a .dwg with Composer to review it. A "Proxy Information" message box appears saying I need to go to the "Autodesk DWG Viewer Object Enabler Assistant" web page to locate an object enabler (none of the text in the message box can be copied - handy feature), and or make some System setting changes to enable automatic Live Enabler checks. I have searched the Autodesk site for a bunch of sets of these terms and come up with nothing useful, least of all any object enablers. Google got me here. Any idea how I get my money back since tech support and development have obviously not been in touch with each other for way too long?
Dennis Mullen
Message 16 of 17 (1,007 Views)

07-02-2004 01:02 PM in reply to: *PrisM
Oops. I was using the DWG Viewer that came with Composer. A link earlier in this thread got me to an enabler site (which has a bunch of searchable metadata), but if I don't know which of a long list of apps created the object, I can't pick out the one I need. All the likely candidates return a message saying I don't need an enabler as the files are in the native format.
Valued Contributor
Doug Look, Autodesk
Message 17 of 17 (1,007 Views)

07-06-2004 03:25 PM in reply to: *PrisM
Hi Dennis,

Would it be possible for you to attach your file? I'll try to get someone from the development team to take a look to see what we can do.

Thanks.

--Doug
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.