Design Review

Contributor
RLStanford
Message 1 of 3 (2,743 Views)

ADR fails to register 2 dlls on install

2743 Views, 2 Replies
04-08-2010 07:52 PM
During the install of ADR 2011 on my 64-bit machine I get two error messages. One tells me that AdView.dll failed to register. The other tells me that DWFxImporter.dll failed to register. Both messages cite Error 1904. Both message tell me that the HRESULT is -2147220473.

I've tried to Repair the installation using Control Panel/Uninstall Programs - same error. I've tried to register the dlls 'by hand' using regsvr32 - no joy.

Does anyone know how to complete the installation or the workaround for the error? Thanks.
Employee
guok
Message 2 of 3 (2,745 Views)

Re: ADR fails to register 2 dlls on install

04-08-2010 10:04 PM in reply to: RLStanford

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue.

1. Uninstall the ADR.

2. Make sure the two Autodesk Design Review folders are empty. If there are files remaining, please delete the contents of those two folders.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\DWF Common

3. Reinstall ADR.

Hope that this helps.

- Kenny Guo

ADR/DWF Customer Support

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
RLStanford
Message 3 of 3 (2,743 Views)

Re: ADR fails to register 2 dlls on install

04-11-2010 07:20 AM in reply to: RLStanford
Thanks. Uninstall/reinstall didn't fix the initial problem - but at least I could register the dlls 'by hand' using regsvr32. So - I hope I'm out of the woods.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!