Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR API - IAdComparator - Suppressing dialogs, or alternative API for compare

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tj_moore
894 Views, 0 Replies

ADR API - IAdComparator - Suppressing dialogs, or alternative API for compare

I'm trying to use the ADR ActiveX API IAdComparator.Compare method to compare two drawings, calling it from web server code. The requirement is to compare drawings on the server and return the comparison to the browser.

The Compare method does the job, but being in an ActiveX control means at the very least it has to unecessarily be hosted in a Form app which I'm launching as a process, but it also has a problem in that the comparison can pop up confirmation dialogs, such as if the drawings are identical it pops up saying so and needs dismissing to proceed otherwise it hangs the server. This makes it unusable.

Is it possible to suppress all UI elements or at least suppress unecessary pop up confirmations such as this?

Or better still, can we get the code or a simple API for the Compare that doesn't require the ActiveX at all? A basic .NET Assembly doing it would be fine, or as part of the DWF Toolkit.

p.s. I've tried browser side embedding the ActiveX and calling the Compare method, but this fails with either unknown errors or hangs the browser consuming 1gb of memory in the process!

Best Regards,

Tim.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report