Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 Windows 7 64-bit thumbails?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
georgelawson1705
501 Views, 5 Replies

ADR 2012 Windows 7 64-bit thumbails?

Hello,

With ADR2012 running, thumbnails are visible when using the file open command.

When viewing the folder contents outside of ADR, only a generic DWF icon is shown, and no thumbnails (icons).

I know this was an issue with previous ADR. Is this still an un-supported feature, or did I miss something???

It is a really, really useful feature, and if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

P.S. Is ADR2012 really 64-bit (installed with Inventor 2012), as it installed in the x86 program files folder.

Best regards,

Geo.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: georgelawson1705

Look for yourself under the Program Files (x86) folder: all 32bit apps on your PC, including this one, are there.

Message 3 of 6
georgelawson1705
in reply to: pendean

Yep, it is under the x86 folders, though I wasn't sure this was a definitive 32-bit application, then.

We are brand new to Windows 7 64-bit.

Still, is there a 64-bit Design Review 2012 available (we installed INV in 64-bit from the media)?

Will we be able to see thumbnails in the Windows folder view (explorer) outside of Design Review?

Thank you.

Geo.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

I can only answer the first question: there is no 64bit version. You'll have to wait for an Autodesk staffer to answer the second.

Message 5 of 6
Liust

Thank you for your questions.

ADR is a 32bit application.

And it cannot support to display the thumbnails in the Windows Explorer on 64bit system. This issue has been added to our Feature Request System.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
georgelawson1705
in reply to: Liust

Sting,

Thank you for the update. If there is a grading system for feature requests, these would be high priority. The DWF system is our published drawing system from the Vault, and is what everyone has access to. It is easier for others to use Windows Explorer to flip through thumbnails rather than opening ADR first, as a shortcut to the published folder is used.

P.S. A version that works through a browser on Windows XP as well as 7, without having to change everything to .dwfx (we had terrible experiences with getting .dwfx to work, so we default to .dwf) would be the kickest feature!!!

Best regards,

Geo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report