Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 Uninstallation Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ThomasGlidewell
801 Views, 5 Replies

ADR 2012 Uninstallation Problem

I am running through some tests with an installation / uninstallation program i am working on for my company's 2012 deployment.

I am currently just trying to uninstall ADR 2012 and am getting the error that is on the attachment. I have done some googleing and haven't found much. I have downloaded the required redistributable i think...

Just wondering if anyone out there can give me a hand with this.

Thanks

win7 64bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Seems that you have to uninstall ADR 2012 before uninstalling C3D 2012 or related. I reinstalled C3D 2012 then was able to uninstall ADR 2012.. Weird. But what ever it worked!!

Message 3 of 6
Liust
in reply to: ThomasGlidewell

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, we have known this issue. You can find that your MS VC++ 2005 Redistributable was auto-updated to new version 8.0.61001 recently that can auto-remove the old version 8.0.56336. ADR install/uninstall needs the old version to support. That's why you cannot uninstall ADR with this warning message.

If you want to avoid this issue during uninstall, you can download and install the old MS VC++2005 Redistributable from this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displa...

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
NLTim
in reply to: Liust

I do hope that this issue is being resolved in the overdue update to ADR.

Very buggy release this one...

Message 5 of 6
lundbea
in reply to: NLTim
Message 6 of 6
NLTim
in reply to: lundbea

Can I assume that any downloads of Design Review from Autodesk will incorporate this hotfix?

I don't really want to have to ask clients to download then patch this viewer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report