Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 message "The Printer is not available for printing" when printing PDF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Verkim1302
691 Views, 3 Replies

ADR 2012 message "The Printer is not available for printing" when printing PDF

I have a problem with ADR 2012. Every time the user selects Adobe PDF to print to PDF a message "The printer is not available for printing" appears. The strange behavior only happens with ADR 2012 and not with any other autodesk application. System used 64-bit.

I have searched the web for solutions, but haven't found any yet. Can someone please advise to solve this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
whtank
in reply to: Verkim1302

Thank you for your question.

Have you met with this issue on your other machines? We cannot reproduce this issue. I would like to know whether restalling PDF printer can resolve this problem.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Verkim1302
in reply to: whtank

Smiley Mad

Thanks for replying.

The issue is only in this machine and can not reproduce. I re-installed the PDF printer and ADR 2010 plus SPs (previously installed where issue started). The problem persists.It is an XP 64-bit machine. Now ADR 2010 message "The Printer is not available for printing". 

Message 4 of 4
herbert.he
in reply to: Verkim1302

Thank you for your feedback.

It's probably a compatibility issue for printing a document in a 32bit application on a computer that is running a 64bit version of Windows. Please install this Microsoft service pack and try again.

Hope that helps.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report