Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
dickyshu
20105 Views, 155 Replies

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

It has come to our attention that a small number Autodesk Design Review users have been having issues with installing the latest version-ADR 2012 from our website.

We post this message in order to collect the installation issue you've encountered, which will help us to track & resolve these problems. You also can refer to some probelm solutions that are same to your case.

Please kindly write information with below items:

1. What is the problem you met about installation?
  2. Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).
  3. Reproduce steps.
  4. It's better to have a screenshot if convenient.

Thanks,

-Autodesk Design Review Development Team

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 121 of 156
swalton
in reply to: bruce.mcandrew

Related to this issue,  I am trying to uninstall ADR 2010 before I install ADR 2012.  I get an error message that says I am missing a Visual C++ 2005 redistributable service pack and the un-install fails.  I am on XPX64 and using add-remove programs.

Can I just install the ADR 2012 hotfix on this machine without removing ADR2010 first?  Can I install the rest of my PDS2012 with ADR 2010 on the machine?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 122 of 156
luke2287
in reply to: dickyshu

I recently attempted to install Design Review 2012 using the 'bundle' installer on a computer running Windows 7 Pro x64.

The computer had an existing installation of Design Review 2009, which was causing Internet Explorer 8 to crash when viewing dwf files embeeded in our intranet. I therefore decided to update the computer to Design Review 2012. However, when I ran the installer it hung on the 'initialising' screen for over an hour. I cancelled the installation, uninstalled Design Review 2009 and attempted to install 2012 again. I experienced the same issue, where the installer would not go past the 'initialising' screen. I also attempted to reinistall 2009 this also failed and I received the two attached error messages. I also attempted to install the DWF plugin, which seemed to install ok, but still didn;t allow dwf files to be viewed in Internet Explorer 8.

If you are able to offer any advice as to what could be causing these issues it would be most appreciated.

Message 123 of 156
herbert.he
in reply to: swalton

Hi swalton,

Yes you can just install the ADR 2012 hotfix on this machine without removing ADR2010. You can download ADR 2012 (hotfix) for free from here.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 124 of 156
herbert.he
in reply to: luke2287

Hi luke2287,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

To view DWF/x files in Internet Explorer 8 firstly. You can install ADR 2012 via the web installer.

Hope that helps. 

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 125 of 156
luke2287

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had initially tried the web installer. It just fails on downloading 'Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ Runtime' and the computer is connected to the Internet.

Message 126 of 156
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

You can downlaod and install Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) previsously, and try the web installer again. 

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 127 of 156
luke2287
in reply to: herbert.he

Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on.

Message 128 of 156
jasongetsdown

Design Review fails to install with error "0x643: Internal Error". I tried removing the Akamai software and all the Visual C++ components but I get the same error every time. It downloads and installs Visual C++ and then fails on Design Review.

I downloaded the full executable installer and tried that but I got the error shown in the attached screen shot, which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet.

-----
Jason Rossitto
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Tags (2)
Message 129 of 156
luke2287

Hi again,

It was actually the 'Visual Studio 2010 C++ Runtime' that the web installer was failing on (I must have posted the wrong screenshot previously). Anyway, I downloaded and installed it (Visual Studio 2010 C++ Runtime) from the redistributable version on the MS website and then ran the Design Review 2012 installer and it still gave the same error, as shown in the attached screenshot. 

Message 130 of 156
jeffrichlin

tried to download ADR-2012.  Autodesk Design Review Setup started to run, then:

Installation failed

Please check your internet connection and try again.

The following failed to install:

Autodesk Design Review 2012 (0x2; Failed downloading component.)

I have Windows 7 pro 64b

Verizon FIOS connection

thank you

Message 131 of 156
herbert.he

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 132 of 156
herbert.he

You can get Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable from here. After installing VC++ 2010 Redist, please try the web installer again. 

Hope that helps.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 133 of 156
luke2287

Hi

I already tried installing Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable prior to running the ADR 2012 web installer and received the error message attached to my previous post.

Message 134 of 156
el_reo

Hallo,

I work with Windows XP professional home edition SP3 32bit

I have tried to install the ADR 2012 several times from different sources allways with the same result. The installation fails.

The error message showed is :" The following failed to install: Autodesk Design Review 2012 (0x2 failed downloading component)

I attach the installation log file. Could someone take a look at it to find out what the problem  may be? I can't fiure it out

Thank you

Message 135 of 156
jsalny

If there is nothing in the  "C:\program files (x86)\common files\akamai\Cache" folder? 

Message 136 of 156
cbgbgm

Installed ADR 2012 prior to VC++ version being updated to .40219.  Client reimaged allowing ADR2012 to remain but the VC++ versions were modified so that .30319 was removed and .40219 put in place.  Now cannot remove ADR2012.  Same error.  Hot fix: (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17570140&linkID=9338138) says nothing about how to uninstall under this circumstance.  Any way to modify the installed package to utilize the updated msi? Any thoughts?  Thx.    

Message 137 of 156
herbert.he
in reply to: cbgbgm

Hi cbgbgm,

Installing ADR 2012 hotfix will remove the installed package automatically.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 138 of 156
jasongetsdown

Herbert, the hotfix link you provided leads to a page that says an unexpected error has occured. The exception ID 18478009 is given.

-----
Jason Rossitto
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Message 139 of 156
cbgbgm

the install of the hotfix fails.  it is still asking for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010....which is already installed (10.0.40219).  So how do you uninstall ADR2012 when the original install won't come off...and the hotfix won't install? 

Message 140 of 156
herbert.he
in reply to: cbgbgm

Thank you for your feedback.

To solve this issue, you can also download the Autodesk Design Review Uninstall Tool from this blog. When you run it, the tool will attempt to uninstall Autodesk Design Review (2010/2011/2012) for you.

Any further question please let me know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report