Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
dickyshu
20040 Views, 155 Replies

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

It has come to our attention that a small number Autodesk Design Review users have been having issues with installing the latest version-ADR 2012 from our website.

We post this message in order to collect the installation issue you've encountered, which will help us to track & resolve these problems. You also can refer to some probelm solutions that are same to your case.

Please kindly write information with below items:

1. What is the problem you met about installation?
  2. Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).
  3. Reproduce steps.
  4. It's better to have a screenshot if convenient.

Thanks,

-Autodesk Design Review Development Team

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 81 of 156
panama2011
in reply to: JonRE

Good afternoon

I am having the same problem with ADR 2012, ( inetrnal error 0*643 ).

Am able to download but will not install on Windows XP, have you found a solution ?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Message 82 of 156
wube
in reply to: panama2011

Thank you for your feedback.

Please attach the log file to this thread for investigation.

SetupADR2012.log in the folder:

Windows 7

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs\

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs\

And please make sure you have admin access to run the installer.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 83 of 156
wube

Thank you for your feedback.

Please attach the log file to this thread for investigation.

SetupADR2012.log in the folder:

Windows 7

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs\

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs

And please make sure you have admin access to run the installer.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 84 of 156
cpulsoni

Hello Ben Wu

regards for your answer.

Yes I'm the admin. In attach the log required.

Claudio Pulsoni

Message 85 of 156
wube
in reply to: cpulsoni

Hi,

Please try the following steps:

1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
2. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from Start/Programs, and remove all the detected versions of ADR.
3. Install ADR 2012.

Hope this helps.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 86 of 156
JonRE

Here is the log file.

Message 87 of 156
wube

Could you please check if you can modify the register value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.dwfx\PersistentHandler manually?

Thank you

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 88 of 156
cpulsoni

Hello Ben Wu,

I cleaned the register and now ADR12 running very well.

Best regards for your immediatly and professional support this is one of reason why i continue to use autocad.

best  regards

Claudio Pulsoni

Message 89 of 156
jmadk
in reply to: cpulsoni

Hello,

I have trouble with installer complaing about VC++ runtimes, and I am running the full installer version - SetupDesignReview2012_bundle.exe.

I have attached installer log and screenshot of the runtimes that are already installed on my Win7 SP1 x64.

Thank you.

Message 90 of 156
jmadk
in reply to: jmadk

Well, I figured that ADR was looking for a specific version of some VC++ runtime, and Windows perhaps was not letting ADR to install it because a newer version was already in the system.

What I just did is, that I uninstalled every VC++ runtime I had, and let ADR have its day.

I have attached screnshot which shows runtimes that were installed by ADR.

From what I can tell the problem was that I already had VC++ 2010 v10.0.40219 installed (this is VC++ 2010 SP1) but ADR wanted to have an older VC++ 2010 v10.0.30319.

It would be nice if this issue would be fixed for a future version(s) of installer, so that ADR would not demand older version of a runtime which Windows does not let to install.

Message 91 of 156
lundbea
in reply to: jmadk

Thanks for your feedback.  We have heard this issue from other customers too and understand how it's current behavior is not the best.  We're looking into ways to improve this in the future.  

Message 92 of 156
JonRE
in reply to: wube

Just in case my previous post got overlooked, here is my log file and the error screenshot.

Message 93 of 156
wube

Thank you for your question.

Please try the following steps:

Unzip c:\program files\common files\akamai\Cache\37309\SetupDesignReview2012.msi.zip to a temp folder.

Run msiexec /i SetupDesignReview2012.msi /l*v c:\temp.log

Attach c:\temp.log to this post for research.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 94 of 156
panama2011

I keep getting the same internal error as well, how did you rectify this problem

if you have.

Any help would be most apprecated.

Thanks.

Message 95 of 156
JonRE

I haven't found a resolution yet.

Message 96 of 156
panama2011
in reply to: wube

Like JonRe I keep getting internal error(0^643) when trying to install ADR 2012.

After 4 months trying to install, am at my wits end.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 97 of 156
wube

Hi,

Please Unzip c:\program files\common files\akamai\Cache\37309\SetupDesignReview2012.msi​.zip to a temp folder. Run "msiexec /i SetupDesignReview2012.msi /l*v c:\temp.log" at the command prompt in the temp folder. Attach c:\temp.log to this thread for deep investigation.

Thank you

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 98 of 156
bincho
in reply to: lundbea

I am having the following issue: we install the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable as part of our baseline image. The initial Visual C++ 2010 redistributable cannot be installed along side the SP1 version. As has been documented in this topic already, Design Review 2012 does not check for newer versions of the VC++ 2010 redistributable and thus fails to install with the following error:

MSI (s) (A0:68) [14:27:05:184]: Product: Autodesk Design Review 2012 -- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable is required to continue with the installation. Please visit Microsoft download site to retrieve the redistributable package.

My question is: will Design Review 2012 be properly fixed to detect all versions of the required redistributables?

If not, what *exactly* does the Design Review 2012 installer check for so I can temporarily simulate the installation of the older redistributable for the Design Review installation? If nothing else I like the installer to go forward regardless of whether or not it thinks the redistributable is installed, because I know that it is.

Message 99 of 156
bincho
in reply to: bincho

Hope this helps.

Here is some information for the packagers of Design Review:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/05/05/10008146.aspx

The best way to check for the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable is to check for the mentioned registry key instead of the uninstall key with the product ID. This allows your application to work with updated versions of the 2010 SP1 VCRedist as well as the original.

For anyone, like me, who would rather not install the old VC++ 2010 redistributable (and would instead like to install the SP1 version) here are some steps you can follow to make it work:

1. First, you must make sure that you have the extracted version of Design Review 2012. This version is installed by running the SetupDesignReview2012.msi file.
  2. Next, download and install "InstEd It!". You can also use Orca, if you have it.
  3. Open up SetupDesignReview2012.msi with InstEd It!
  4. Click Transform -> New Transform (this keeps the original MSI unchanged)
  5. Name your transform
  6. Open the RegLocator table
  7. Find the Signature_ row for NewSignature114. THis is used to detect the VC2010 redistributable (you can see VS2010 as the row key in the reference tracking portion of the screen)
  8. Change the Key value for this row from "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{196BB40D-1578-3D01-B289-BEFC77A11A1E}" to "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}". The GUID that starts with F0C3E5D1 is the GUID for the VC2010 SP1 Redistributable which is fully compatible with the VC2010 Redistributable. The GUIDs for both are in the link above.
  9. Save the transform (default values are fine)
  10. Install Design Review with "msiexec /i setupdesignreview2012.msi TRANSFORMS=transformname.mst"

This will make the installer look for the SP1 version of the VC 2010 Redistributable instead of the original version.

Also, if you have been installing the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile instead of the full install you can edit the NewSignature112 row's key to be "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client" to allow the software to install with the client profile. I have not fully tested Design Review with the client profile, so it is possible that features in the full profile are required.

Message 100 of 156
panama2011
in reply to: dannyclark

Hi Danny

I have been trying to install ADR2012 for over 5 months now but keep getting

internal error (0*643), have you found any resolution to this problem ?

Any help most appreciated, very frustrated !

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report