Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
dickyshu
20052 Views, 155 Replies

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

It has come to our attention that a small number Autodesk Design Review users have been having issues with installing the latest version-ADR 2012 from our website.

We post this message in order to collect the installation issue you've encountered, which will help us to track & resolve these problems. You also can refer to some probelm solutions that are same to your case.

Please kindly write information with below items:

1. What is the problem you met about installation?
  2. Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).
  3. Reproduce steps.
  4. It's better to have a screenshot if convenient.

Thanks,

-Autodesk Design Review Development Team

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 61 of 156
HKItilakeskus
in reply to: LeonShi

Downloaded the installation package and gave it a try. Good news: the installation no longer stops on the Visual Studio 2008 c++ Runtime error. Bad news: Now it stops on Visual Studio 2010 c++ Runtime internal error 0x0... (Visual Studio 2010 runtime already installed in the computer.) However, deleting the 2010 runtime component and Akamai from the computer and then running the installation again seems to fix that.

Message 62 of 156
LeonShi
in reply to: HKItilakeskus

Hi -

Yes, the Akamai download manager has a defect, so we need uninstall it first then relaunch ADR bootstrapper installer to refresh all cached files.

Leon Shi
SWD Manager
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 63 of 156
MaxviewTV
in reply to: LeonShi

Leon,

Please post the link to the new downloaded. I've been having the same problem and Hasim suggested I join this forum. 

Thank you.

Message 64 of 156
LeonShi
in reply to: MaxviewTV

Hi Dear Customer -

There is no new download link, you can still refer to ADR offical download page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12423405

Akamai just update the online download manager, so please do uninstall "Akamai NetSession Interface" from control panel before reinstall ADR from bootstrapper.

If you still got problem with install, please go to following page for local download installers:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10336080

Thanks,

-Leon

Message 65 of 156
lundbea
in reply to: HKItilakeskus

If anyone still has problems installing ADR 2012, please let us know.

Also Leon mentioned above, we believe we fully fixed the problem, but if you are still encountering a problem, we want to know so that we can fix any remaining issue.

Regards,

Message 66 of 156
MaxviewTV
in reply to: lundbea

Hello,

I followed your directions but the problem persists!

This is extremely frustrating. 

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Message 67 of 156
wube

Thank you for your feedback.

Please attch the log file to this thread for investigation.

SetupADR2012.log in the folder:

Windows 7

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs

And if the file vc9redist_x86.exe exist in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Akamai\Cache\37309\, please install it manually, and try to run the install application again.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 68 of 156
MaxviewTV
in reply to: wube

T
Message 69 of 156
wube

Hi,

Please do uninstall "Akamai NetSession Interface" from control panel before reinstall ADR from bootstrapper.

If this doesn't work for you, could you please attach the screen shot of the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Akamai\Cache\" and tell me the detail of your Operation System?

Thank you,

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 70 of 156
MaxviewTV

Hi Ben,

There is no Akamai file in my computer. I'm using a Sony Vaio vgn-fw with Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

ADR 2010 installs and runs but not 2012. I need to view DWG files but cannot with ADR 2010.

Thank you very much.

Message 71 of 156
wube

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

For Windows & 64bit system, the cache folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Akamai\Cache\.

The installer will install the Akamai NetSession Interface in your computer, then download required components for Design Review by Akamai Interface, and install components automatically at last.

So please make sure you have uninstalled the Akamai Netsession Interface, and then run the installer.

If you still fail to install VC++ component by these steps, please try to find out the component in cache folder and install it manually, then try the installer application again.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 72 of 156
MaxviewTV

Hi Ben,

Still no luck. I tried the uninstall and reinstall and it still did not work. Then I tried to install the VC ++ manually from the Cache folder and got the same error message as when I try to install the ADR 2012 package.

Attached is the screen shot of when the manual install failed.

Thank you again.

Message 73 of 156
Fragbert
in reply to: dickyshu

I just want to point out how profoundly STUPID the Design Review 2012 install routine is set up to check for the requisite Visual Studio runtimes.

The installer is fatally flawed in that the .MSI only allows the installation to continue if the INITIAL RELEASES of 2005, 2008 and 2010 runtimes are present - and WILL NOT install if you have (wisely) installed the latest updated versions from microsoft (which are pushed down and available from windows update). All three runtimes have updated versions released as critical updates from Microsoft, dated this year (2011).

So in order to automate an unattended install of this package, I first have to install the horribly outdated original runtimes, run the autodesk installers, then run the updated runtime installers to ensure the PC is not left with a gaping security hole. What a waist of time!

FYI - the latest versions of the required runtimes (that I suggest everybody install if you have not already) are:

KB2467175 for 2005 runtimes

KB2467174 for 2008 runtimes

KB2467173 for 2010 runtimes

These are not "patches" per se, they are complete, stand alone full versions of the runtimes.

Message 74 of 156
Projectmax1
in reply to: johnsoap

This did not work for me. And since I can't see any difference between ADR 2012 and ADR 2011, apart from this problem in 2012, I decided to go back to 2011. However I can't find it??????

Message 75 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: Projectmax1

Hi,

Thanks for trying ADR 2012, you can view the difference in what's new:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/adr2012_readme.htm

Here you are the ADR 2011 download link if you're going to revert back:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=16402480&siteID=123112

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 76 of 156
MaxviewTV

Hi Dicky,

I'm not even able to install the 2011 version so I'm going back to 2010 which worked perfectly for me. However, I'm only able to open and read DWF files but not DWG files from the 2010 version for some reason. Any suggestions of what to do so that I can at least open and read a DWG file?

Thank you.

Message 77 of 156
dickyshu

Hi,

ADR cannot view DWG file independently. In order to open a DWG file with ADR 2010, you need to install the same version of DWG View tools (AutoCAD 2010 or DWG Trueview 2010).

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 78 of 156
MaxviewTV

Thank you, Dicky. I'll give it a try.

Message 79 of 156
JonRE
in reply to: jandrews407

I can't install Autodesk 2012 on Windows XP SP3 from the downloaded executable.  It fails and gives me the error which I have attached.  I also included log files.

Message 80 of 156
cpulsoni

Hello,

when i try to install ADR12 I have this error msg. Please can you help me to resolve it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report