don't know what happend. But i tryed all over again. and downloaded from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?site
it all vent quite well. It works.
I was able to install 2012 after several tries but it does not work properly.
I have Windows XP and IE7 and using Adobe X standard.
My problems are:
1. ADR opens a files on my computer and our local server, but I cannot create pdf files from any of the dwf's. ADR just hangs and I eventually have to go to task manager to close out of ADR. Is there an issue with Adobe X?
2. When I try to open a dwf from an ftp site, I get the error message shown in the attached file and nothing opens.
I never had a problem with 2009 or 2010. Unfortunately, I cannot download the 2010 from your website.
Thank you for sending us the screen shot and log file.
The log file show that msiexec failed to install Design Revew.
Please unzip the file "c:\program files (x86)\common files\akamai\Cache\37309\SetupDesignReview2012.msi
Please let me know if it doesn't works.
The screen shot show the .Net component had downloaded complete.
Please go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Akamai\Cache\37309\ and install the .Net component manually.
This worked, however there was an error. (see attached). ADR seems to be working. I also needed to install Browser Add-on and TrueView seperately. Is this the only solution?
Please restart AudtodeskDesignRevSetup.exe. The application will download and install Browser Add-on and TrueView automatically for you.
Please try the following steps.
1. Delete dotnetFx40.exe in the ...\Akamai\Cache\37309 folder.
2. Start AutodeskDesignRevSetup.exe.
3. If the application stall at downloading .Net Framework 4.0 and .Net Framework 4.0 had been downloaded complete, please quit AutodeskDesignRevSetup.exe and run dotNetFx40.exe in the Cache\37309 folder again.
If dotNetFx40.exe still failed to install, Please download .Net Framework 4.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/net/ and install it manually.
4. Restart AutodeskDesignRevSetup.exe again after .Net Framework 4.0 installed.
So the solution is to unzip SetupDesignReview2012.msi.zip, install using SetupDesignReview2012.msi, restart AutodeskDesignReSetup.exe to finish off installation.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!