Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
dickyshu
20008 Views, 155 Replies

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

It has come to our attention that a small number Autodesk Design Review users have been having issues with installing the latest version-ADR 2012 from our website.

We post this message in order to collect the installation issue you've encountered, which will help us to track & resolve these problems. You also can refer to some probelm solutions that are same to your case.

Please kindly write information with below items:

1. What is the problem you met about installation?
  2. Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).
  3. Reproduce steps.
  4. It's better to have a screenshot if convenient.

Thanks,

-Autodesk Design Review Development Team

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 2 of 156
Dijon6227
in reply to: dickyshu

I installed Design Review 2012 on my machine (running Xp64bit) and was working all morning just fine until I tried to re-open another dwg file and this message now comes up.

I tried reinstalling the Design Review 2012 program, but it still has the same problem..

Any ideas?

Design_Review_Fail.png

Message 3 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: Dijon6227

Thank you for the first post!

Please try below solution to see if it works for you.

Register the DWGImporter.dll manually.

1. From the Windows taskbar, choose Start > Run.

2. In the text box, type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2012\DWGImporter.dll". Press Enter.

This should successfully register the DLL.

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 156
Dijon6227

Tried that, it come up with successfully loaded.

The message still comes up though.

Could it be a version bug? Im trying to open an AutoCAD 2011dwg file.

Message 5 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: Dijon6227

ADR standalone does not support view DWG file directly. It should work with AutoCAD or DWG Trueview to view DWG files.

Which application are you using for viewing DWG file in ADR?

If you've uninstalled either version of AutoCAD or DWG Trueview, AcCtrl or ipublish will be uninstalled. Thus, you will got the error message you attached when opening a DWG file in ADR.

I suggest you uninstall and then reinstall the DWG application(AutoCAD or DWG Trueview) to keep DWG import works in ADR.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 156
Dijon6227

Re-installing DWG Viewer 2012 fixed the problem, thanks!

A letdown of this program is the fact you can't directly open the DWF back in AutoCAD. 

Would be nice if the markups came in on their own layer/layers that you could dismiss or turn off as edited them.

Message 7 of 156
dannyclark

Trying to install ADF2012 and get the following error every time:

It says :the Following Failed to Install: DWG Trueeview2012 (ox643: internal erroe)

ADR screenprint.JPG

Message 8 of 156
dannyclark
in reply to: dannyclark

Rest of the Story:

IBM T23 laptop, Windows XP

Message 9 of 156
CLS11

I am having problems with ADR 2012,  I had the 2011 version and had no problems.  When it up graded it installs fine but when I go to open the program it will just sit on the opening screen.  If I go to my task menu it does not show that the program is running but it still has the opening screen on my desk top.  I have uninstalled it and re installed it with no luck.   Any suggestions?  Thank you for your time!

Message 10 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: dannyclark

Hi,

Thank you for posting your problem here.

Our testing did not meet that problem before and we are not able to reproduce the error you've encountered now.

Your case shows ADR 2012 installed as normal but DWG Trueview 2012 install failed.

There is a new change for ADR 2012 installer:

It will check DWG Trueview 2012 installer as a bundle installation by default, which is not in previous release.

So we would like to know if you're really going to install DWG Trueview 2012?

-If not, you can uncheck the option "Also install DWG TrueView to open DWG files directly from within Design Review. " before install ADR 2012 bundle, and then continue to install ADR 2012.

-If yes, we suggest you uninstall any exist DWG Trueview application and try it again, or just install the application from:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=6703438&DCMP=ILC-DWG-PUV

Hope it will help you resolve the problem.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: CLS11

Hi,

It's great to hear from you.

The problem you met is the same with a defect we've logged for Windows 7 Operation System. That's caused by ADR 2012 new feature "Auto Recovery" prompt dialog.

Could you please try to click on the center of the startup image to find if there is a non-modal dialog hide behind the picture?

Auto Recovery.png

If this doesn't work, please let us know.

THanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 156
CLS11

I had the bundle installed and when I opened True View it would open and then give me a error message and ask to report it to Autodesk.  I then uninstalled the program ,unchecked the box asking to leave off true view and just installed ADR.  I am running windows 7, 64 bit.  

Message 13 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: CLS11

Does ADR 2012 work this time?

There may have several reasons caused DWG Trueview crash.

If you need DWG Trueview work, please go to this address to download it separately:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=6703438&DCMP=ILC-DWG-PUV

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 156
ctb1956

New computer

Windows 7 Pro

Had Autodesk Design Review 2011 installed (transfer from old computer)

Opened Autodesk Design Review--Windows wanted update to 2012

When attempting to update installation failed--old copiyremoved;2012 wont load.

Error Ox643 Internal Error

cleaned registry

installation failed.

additonal message about failed Tru Drawings

Thanks for help.

Message 15 of 156
Pfilc

We have experienced an issue on multiple computers in our office.  After updating Design Review from 2011 to 2012, executing any Visual Basic developed exe (in our case, they were all in-house written programs, therefore I know they were writen in VB) a confiugration box for another Autodesk product is displayed (in some cases AutoCAD 2012, otherwise TrueView).  The configuration was the same as the first-time use "please wait while Autocad configures...", with the progress bar. 

Seems very odd that non-Autodesk programs would initiate configuration of Autodesk products.

Message 16 of 156
everettm

install hangs - see screen shot

have waited for hours, no change

windows XP

thx

Message 17 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: everettm

Could you please uninstall "Akamai NetSession Interface" from add or remove programs and have another try?

We would also like to get the log file (SetupADR2012.log in the temp folder) for investigation, please attach it while replying.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 156
everettm

I tried deleting that file several times with no change in result.

I searched my drive for the requested file and it was not found.

thx

Message 19 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: everettm

The "SetupADR2012.log" file should be found from:

Windows 7

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 156
everettm

The folder you described is there but there is no file in it.

If it's any help this problem is occuring on my Dell laptop.  I had no problems installing on my Dell desktop.

There is no hidden dialog box behind the screen.

The size of the Akamai NetSession Interface each time is 18.09MB.

thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report