Design Review

Design Review

lucchez20
Message 1 of 3 (391 Views)

ADR 2012 - font problem when merging single sheet DWF files into multi-sheet DWF

391 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2012 10:46 AM

Greetings all,

This morning I had a peculiar problem with 2012 ADR. I plotted 12 single sheet DWF files (easier than using the publish command as they are generated from several drawings in Civil 3D 2012 x64) then attemped to merge them into a single, multi-sheet DWF. Once merged, some of the text defaults to "blocks" (literally "rectangles"). The fonts that are embedded are arial and I am not familiar with a single windows based system that does not have this loaded by default. The single sheet DWF files display the text correctly (see attached).

I am completely perplexed. I am running window 7 x64.

Respectfully,

Jason Biagio

Employee
herbert.he
Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: ADR 2012 - font problem when merging single sheet DWF files into multi-sheet

01-12-2012 01:25 AM in reply to: lucchez20

Thank you for reporting this issue.

How did you merge those DWF files into a multi-sheet file? By drag and drop or other special tool?

Please provide us the single sheet DWF file for us to investigate.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
lucchez20
Message 3 of 3 (377 Views)

Re: ADR 2012 - font problem when merging single sheet DWF files into multi-sheet

01-12-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: herbert.he

Herbert,

I think I may have solved the problem. The single sheet DWF files automatically replaced "missing" fonts but lost this ability once I dragged and dropped them into the ADR window to create a multisheet DWF. I have since updated the fonts (verified that Arial was used) and now they merge with no ill effects. Thank you for your attention in the matter.

Respectfully yours,

Jason Biagio

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!