Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 - font problem when merging single sheet DWF files into multi-sheet DWF

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lucchez20
599 Views, 2 Replies

ADR 2012 - font problem when merging single sheet DWF files into multi-sheet DWF

Greetings all,

This morning I had a peculiar problem with 2012 ADR. I plotted 12 single sheet DWF files (easier than using the publish command as they are generated from several drawings in Civil 3D 2012 x64) then attemped to merge them into a single, multi-sheet DWF. Once merged, some of the text defaults to "blocks" (literally "rectangles"). The fonts that are embedded are arial and I am not familiar with a single windows based system that does not have this loaded by default. The single sheet DWF files display the text correctly (see attached).

I am completely perplexed. I am running window 7 x64.

Respectfully,

Jason Biagio

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
herbert.he
in reply to: lucchez20

Thank you for reporting this issue.

How did you merge those DWF files into a multi-sheet file? By drag and drop or other special tool?

Please provide us the single sheet DWF file for us to investigate.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
lucchez20
in reply to: herbert.he

Herbert,

I think I may have solved the problem. The single sheet DWF files automatically replaced "missing" fonts but lost this ability once I dragged and dropped them into the ADR window to create a multisheet DWF. I have since updated the fonts (verified that Arial was used) and now they merge with no ill effects. Thank you for your attention in the matter.

Respectfully yours,

Jason Biagio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report