Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012/13 very slow to load DWFs/DWFXs, very slow to page through sheets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jasoner
554 Views, 4 Replies

ADR 2012/13 very slow to load DWFs/DWFXs, very slow to page through sheets

My firm has recently gotten intersted in working with digital red lines. We are exploring ADR 2013 as a way to do this as it seamlessly integrates into Revit, which we use for all of our office projects. However, in the tests that we have done, the DWF/DWFX files which are created take a very long time to load (up to two minutes) and, once they are open, take a very long time to switch to each sheet (more than a minute). Once a sheet has been visited, that sheet seems to be cached, and it is very quick to return to, but that initial waiting time for each sheet makes this workflow a non-starter, especially with a document set of 90+ sheets. PDFs and other image files (ones of even greater file size) open in ADR 2013 fine and going from sheet to sheet is quick. It's just the DWFs and the DWFXs that take so long to load and go through. I've tried just about every export setting from Revit I could think of to no avail. I've also tried this on three different computers in the office. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jasoner

1. ADR is no longer being developed (read the very long thread in this forum about it). ADR2013 version came out in the year 2012, this from a company that has annual releases for all it's products.
2. 90+ page DWFs is huge, expect slowness if you can't see any speed gain when that file is local (on the user PC) instead of the server.
3. You all might want to consider PDF in the interim until Autodesk fully develops it's Autodesk360 web/cloud services for the tasks you seek if you all don't wish to use Autidesk360 right now http://www.autodesk360.com
Message 3 of 5
jasoner
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the functionality of Autodesk 360 does not meet the needs our firm is looking for. We need to be able to mark up drawings, not just comment on them. A PDF is a mediocre solution as we wanted to keep all of the red lines within the Revit file itself through the linked DWF. And the tests that we were doing were not on the 90 page set, but on a 4 page excerpt, and we were getting the same slooooow load times.
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jasoner

Inquire in the REVIT forum: your peers may have tips on DWF output and choices that may help.
Message 5 of 5
jasoner
in reply to: pendean

Will do. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report