Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011 - Suggested Fixes for Installation-Related Issues

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
cblocher
20970 Views, 72 Replies

ADR 2011 - Suggested Fixes for Installation-Related Issues

Below are some suggestions for fixing installation-related issues associated with Autodesk Design Review 2011.

Please let us know whether or not the suggestions work for you.

Best,

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
72 REPLIES 72
Message 21 of 73
alex_long
in reply to: Falthor

do not install all those windows components seprately, you'll just be spinning your wheels. Here is the easiest & most straight forward steps to install ADR 2011...read message 8

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/Installing-ADR-2011-in-Windows-7/td-p/2694660

Message 22 of 73
Falthor
in reply to: alex_long

actually that was not the problem either...

Somethign had happened during the initial upgrade attempt (I was running 2010) and there were a couple of associated registry keys that were locked that I could not change or delete using ANY account on the system.

the problem has fixed itself either way as my entire system died so I had to re-install windows and now 2011 installed without an issue.

Message 23 of 73
ddcarter
in reply to: Falthor

I finally got ADR to install on a clean (self installed to upgrade to 64bit) win7 ultimate machine.  I needed all of the fixes to finally get it to work.

1. Make sure you have all the basic microsoft components.  I don't know if it is necessary, in the Control Planel on the sidebar I checked for installed microsoft components.  I had to check the Microsoft .net Framework 3.5.
  2. Ensure you also have .net Framework 4 (again do not know if this is required).
  3. Ensure you have the required Visual  C+++ Redistributable packages installed (2005 and 2008)
  4. I downloaded and ultimately installed using the .msi package
  5. All future commands were run as administrator
  6. Registered the VBScript and JScript engines.  Start - All Programs - Accessories - CMD Prompt - Runa as Administrator.  This should get you a command prompt in the Windows\System32\ dir. 
  7. Register the VBScript.  At the cmd line type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press enter.  You should get a message box that says registration successfull.
  8. The failures are generally windows failures.  When I used the .exe file from Autodesk I got a 0x643 internal error.  Some searching on that in combination with the VB error 2738 also pointed to additional registry issues.  The fix is to make sure everything is registered under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and not HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
  9. You can remove the keys at HKCU either by directly editing your registry - be careful these are long strings and many look alike - you can seriously bork your install or by running the following commands at the command prompt using the Run as Administrator (right click) option.  I've included the commands for both 32bit and 64bit installs. 

Click on the Start menu, choose Run, type cmd and click OK

32 bit System:

To unregister the VBScript engine, run this command:

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

To unregister the JScript engine, run this command:

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F414C260-6AC0-11CF-B6D1-00AA00BBBB58}" /f

64 bit System

To unregister the VBScript engine on a 64-bit OS, run this command:

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

To unregister the JScript engine on a 64-bit OS, run this command:

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{F414C260-6AC0-11CF-B6D1-00AA00BBBB58}" /f

I did this in this order and then checked my registry.  The CLSID were in there proper location under HKLM (Dont't know if they were always there or ended up there when I registered VBScript.dll.  I then ran the .msi file as an adminstrator and had not problems.

Since this is a new install, I don't know if all of this will cause problems with permissions later on as different users have to use the machine, but at least it is installed - for the moment.

I realize these are MS errors and issues, but I would appreciate a more thorough answer from AD support.  It's taken me half a day to figure this out and it's not my job.  Surely with AD resources, they could have pieced this thing together as well.

Message 24 of 73
alex_long
in reply to: ddcarter

WOW that is ridiculous!!

Average Joe computer user would read that and their brain would explode. They / We should be able to click on the link to DL the software from the website and it install correctly the 1st time, period. I would never take that amount of time performing surgery to get a piece of software to install.

Autodesk needs to step it up!!

Message 25 of 73
ddcarter
in reply to: alex_long

@Alex_Long

My point exactly.  I do not have the problems with installation, activation, system fouling issues with any other software.  While researching (googling) the problem I ran across many warnings about msi and installer programming errors that can have unintended behaviour at the least and at worse, wreck havoc with a system.  This is an installer issue and should have been fixed by Autodesk. 

Check for components, ask to install, check for known inhibitors and tell the user how to fix the problem.  The open source community gets this, why doesn't Autodesk?

Although I have the software installed, I am not convinced it hasn't broken something else.  Each support issue I have had, I have been asked to provide feedback and assured that the developers listen.  I have yet to see evidence of it. 

Sorry for the rant but my frustration is with Autodesk, and it is a lot of money to pay to be this mad.

Autodesk are you listening?

Message 26 of 73
cblocher
in reply to: ddcarter

Hi,

The Design Review team does appreciate and encourage your feedback on this discussion board. We bring your concerns and ideas to the attention of the entire Design Review team to be discussed. The result of these internal conversations can often be seen in the many responses made by Autodesk employees. We're doing everything we can, publicly and behind the scenes, to improve your experience with Design Review.

Although these discussion boards are intended for peer-to-peer support, it's clear that customer expectations extend beyond that. In fact, because of discussion board responses pertaining to previous releases, we created this particular thread to encourage this kind of installation conversation. We want to investigate new issues, as well as help, when possible, resolve installation issues being posted.

Do we always have the answers? No. Are we listening? Definitely! Together we can find resolutions and improve the product at the same time.

Sincerely,

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 27 of 73
palenciao
in reply to: cblocher

Thanks very much for this post. It was the longest install I ever had. I went thru every step until I was able to install. It looks like we need better uninstall autodesk software programs for many items stay behind with the typical control panel/uninstall program rutine. Againg thanks for the words of wisdom..... keep it up!

I am very impressed with the  design review software...

Message 28 of 73

Hello,

I have a problem of instalation with the software Autodesk Design Review on 2011.
An error arose " error 1904 " the module: c:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adview.dll was not able to be to register(record). HRESULT-2147220473

Boubaker NOURI

Technicien d'atelier- Soudeur

Workshop- Technician

Route Blanche, Quartier St. Pierre-13120-Gardanne-FRANCE

Tel: +33 (0)4 42 50 92 82

Fax: +33 (0)4 42 50 92 90

Email:nouri.b@spray.com

www.spray.com, www.autojet.com. 

Boubaker NOURI

Workshop- Technician

Boubaker NOURI
Workshop- Technician

AutoJet Technologies
a division of Spraying Systems Co.
Experts in Spray Technology
Rte Blanche, Quartier St. Pierre-13120-Gardanne-FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)4 42 50 92 81
Direct : +33(0)4 42 50 92 82
Message 29 of 73

Hi,

See if either of these posts help:

If not, can you please provide some more information?

• What other Autodesk products/versions are installed on the system(s) that may be associated with the issue?
  • What are the specifics of the computer you're trying to install on (hardware brand, operating system/processor [32- or 64-bit], RAM, video card, connections [local and network], etc.)?
  • What type of installation (single computer or network deployment).
  • Where did you get Design Review (Autodesk.com or the media of another Autodesk product)?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 30 of 73

Hello,

First of all saddened for my approximate English, I have a problem in the execution Design Autodesk Review I do not manage to open the program. I tried of the repair and two errors arose:

-Erreur 1904. Le module c:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Autodesk Shared\DWF common\AdView.DLL n'a pu    s'enregister HRESULT-2147220473.

-Erreur 1904. Le module c:\Program Files\Autodesk Design Review\Ecomposite\DWFxImporter.DLL n'a pu s'enregister HRESULT-2147220473.

Can you help me?

Boubaker NOURI
Workshop- Technician

AutoJet Technologies
Message 31 of 73

Hello,

Try the suggestion made on this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/ADR-fails-to-register-2-dlls-on-install/m-p/266...

If uninstall and reinstall doesn't work, the user suggests trying to manually register the DLLs.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

If neither approach works, please provide more detail:

• What other Autodesk products/versions are installed on the system(s) that may be associated with the issue?
  • Does the computer having the issue meet the Design Review system requirements?
  • What are the specifics of the hardware exhibiting the issue (hardware brand, operating system/processor [32- or 64-bit], RAM, video card, connections [local and network], printer settings, etc.)?
  • Describe the type of installation (single computer or network deployment). Where did you get Design Review (Autodesk.com or the media of another Autodesk product)?

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 32 of 73

Hi,

I already have to delete and again installed Design Autodesk ReView my system is the following one:

Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel Version 2002 Service Pack 3

PC Lenovo Intel (R) Core (TM) Duo CPU

T5870 @ 2.00GHz

1.18GHz 2,89Go de RAM

Carte Graphique:

Processeur Mobile Intel(R) 4 Serie Express Chipset Family

Taille mémoire 1024 MB

Carte Mobile Intel (R) GMA 4500 MHD

Ecran 60Hz

Résolution de l'écran 1280 par 800 Pixels

Qualité couleur 32 Bits

It is information you can help???

Boubaker NOURI
Workshop- Technician

AutoJet Technologies
Message 33 of 73

Have you tried manually registering  the two DLLs?

If you're not sure how, try the steps here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/register-dll-file-xp-vista/

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 34 of 73

Hi Chris Blocher,

I followed well the procedure successfully but the problem remains existing.
What may I make of the other one?

Best Regard

Boubaker NOURI
Workshop- Technician

AutoJet Technologies
Message 35 of 73
cblocher

Before we try anything else, I'll need more information:

• What other Autodesk products/versions are installed on the system?
  • Where did you get Design Review (installing from Autodesk.com? From the media of another Autodesk product)?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 36 of 73
don
Community Visitor

Chris-

I am trying to install Design Review 2011. I went through your "Suggested Fixes" and uninstalled and deleted folders.  I am still getting error message "0x643: Internal Error"

Can you help me?

Don

Message 37 of 73
cblocher

Hi Don,

Glad to try. I need some details from you first:

• What type of installation (single computer or network deployment). Where did you get Design Review (Autodesk.com or the media of another Autodesk product)?
  • What other Autodesk products/versions are installed on the system(s)?
  • Does the computer having the issue meet the Design Review system requirements?
  • What are the specifics of the hardware exhibiting the issue (hardware brand, operating system/processor [32- or 64-bit], RAM, video card, connections [local and network], printer settings, etc.)?
  • Does it only happen on your computer/printer? Or is it on multiple machines?

Thanks in advance,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 38 of 73
orosario

I've done everything possible, following your instructions. Everything is deleted and cleaned from registry.

What else can I do?

Now it gives me a 0x652 error.

Please Help.

Orlando Rosario

Message 39 of 73
orosario

I've done everything per your instructions; delete directories, clean regetry. Know I get a x652 error.

What next?

Please help.

Can not install ADR 2011.

Thanks;

Orlando Rosario

Message 40 of 73
cblocher
in reply to: orosario

Hi Orlando,

According to the PC Library, http://www.pc-library.com/errors/error-code/1618-0x652/, the 0x652 error code indicates that there are multiple installations taking place at the same time.

Please ensure no other installations are happening in the background and try again.

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report