Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011 on Windows XP Embedded, is it compatible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MarkMazour
461 Views, 1 Reply

ADR 2011 on Windows XP Embedded, is it compatible?

We want to use WYSE boxes in our plant at each of our workstations that workers will use to access published dwf files. These have Windows XP Embedded Version 2002 Service Pack 3 as the operating system and I cannot get ADR2011 or 2012 to install. When I select the setup.exe an error message dialog displays the following, “Setup.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.” This log file cannot be found anywhere on the system.

When I try to install using the SetupDesignReview2011.msi the following error message “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable is required to continue with this installation. Please visit Microsoft download site to retrieve the redistributable package.”

The  Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable is showing up in the add or Remove Programs,  has  been installed and the same errors keep showing up with both methods of attempted installation.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Liust
in reply to: MarkMazour

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try to install the ADR 2012 online from this website, it will auto-install the VC components:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12423405

If you want to install the ADR 2012 manually by the MSI, please see the Installation Guide document to download the right VC component versions to install:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/adr2012_install_guide.htm

Please let me know if there is any other issue.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report