Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011 always prompts with User Account Control message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ninephammer
1067 Views, 4 Replies

ADR 2011 always prompts with User Account Control message

I downloaded ADR 2011 to my laptop running Windows 7 (32-bit) and it works fine except when I start the program Windows displays a User Account Control asking if I want to allow the program to make changes to this computer.  I don't get this message when starting ADR on my Windows 7 (64-bit) desktop system.  I've tried removing and reinstalling ADR but this behavior does not change.  Once I acknowledge the message the program seems to work fine.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ninephammer

UAC has levels of "security", try matching both PCs.

Or turn it down.

Or off.

If this is a corporate lptop, ask your I.T. for guidance.

Message 3 of 5
wipedw
in reply to: ninephammer

I am also getting this pop up from the UAC in Windows 7 32 bit.  I do not get it when logged in under the administrator account however I do get it when logging in as another user with full administrator rights.  I was able to disable the pop up as indicated in the first reply and use it as a stand alone program.  My problem is that we use it within our SysPro Inventory program where you can type in a part number and then hit the "play" button and it opens up the drawing of the part in Design Review.  This works in the Administrator profile but not in the user profile (once again that has full admin rights).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Message 4 of 5
wipedw
in reply to: wipedw

Just a quick update....  I reinstalled design review from within my profile and the pop up permission under UAC disappered.

I still am in the same boat when it comes to the Syspro opening Design Review however....

Message 5 of 5
wipedw
in reply to: wipedw

And another quick update.  I found that if you change the settings in the compatibility tab of the syspro program to run as an administrator it works.  It does however bring up the UAC window every time I start the program so I had to change those settings.....

Hope this helps someone!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report