Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding markup via API

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
526 Views, 9 Replies

Adding markup via API

Is it possible to add redline markup to a DWF file using the DWF Composer API? I haven't found a way, but I'm new to the DWF world. I realize I could do this by rewriting the file with a program using the DWF toolkit, but I need to do it from Composer for UI-related reasons. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to protect markup entered programatically (either with the Composer API or with the toolkits) from later being altered by a user with DWF Composer? Thanks, David
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, we currently do not expose an API for markup (nor for protecting markup). It is possible we may provide an API in future releases.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Tim Clark wrote: > Sorry, we currently do not expose an API for markup (nor for protecting markup). It is possible we may provide an API in future releases. Thank you for the reply. David
Message 4 of 10
leon2003

Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) when doing marking in the future release?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I've put your request in the wish list queue for review - thanks for the feedback! If you can think of any other important API calls for your customized designs we would love to hear about them. Ben Kopf Autodesk Product Design "leon2003" wrote in message news:8967519.1095107361406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) when doing marking in the future release?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

1. API help file for dwf v5 (a good one with examples for everything, not just another list of properties and methods) 2. PrintEX for EModel 3. SimplePrint for EModel "Ben Kopf" wrote in message news:41475ac8_3@newsprd01... > I've put your request in the wish list queue for review - thanks for the > feedback! If you can think of any other important API calls for your > customized designs we would love to hear about them. > > Ben Kopf > Autodesk Product Design > > "leon2003" wrote in message > news:8967519.1095107361406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) when > doing marking in the future release? > >
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Another request: I would like to use the API to add text to a dwf via of Composer or DWF Viewer and then save the DWF with the new text. "Ben Kopf" wrote in message news:41475ac8_3@newsprd01... > I've put your request in the wish list queue for review - thanks for the > feedback! If you can think of any other important API calls for your > customized designs we would love to hear about them. > > Ben Kopf > Autodesk Product Design > > "leon2003" wrote in message > news:8967519.1095107361406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) when > doing marking in the future release? > >
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

FWIW, if we have an API that allows graphics to a DWF, it must always be in the form of a markup. We cannot allow new graphics to appear as "original data", for obvious security reasons. "Bob" wrote in message news:414837f8_3@newsprd01... > Another request: > > I would like to use the API to add text to a dwf via of Composer or DWF > Viewer and then save the DWF with the new text. > > > "Ben Kopf" wrote in message > news:41475ac8_3@newsprd01... > > I've put your request in the wish list queue for review - thanks for the > > feedback! If you can think of any other important API calls for your > > customized designs we would love to hear about them. > > > > Ben Kopf > > Autodesk Product Design > > > > "leon2003" wrote in message > > news:8967519.1095107361406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) > when > > doing marking in the future release? > > > > > >
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks Jeffrey, I think that adding a graphic would work for me. Could you give me a little more information? I would like to do this from VB6. Do you have any sample code? Any help would be appreciated. "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote in message news:4149d280$1_2@newsprd01... > FWIW, if we have an API that allows graphics to a DWF, it must always be in > the form of a markup. We cannot allow new graphics to appear as "original > data", for obvious security reasons. > > > "Bob" wrote in message news:414837f8_3@newsprd01... > > Another request: > > > > I would like to use the API to add text to a dwf via of Composer or DWF > > Viewer and then save the DWF with the new text. > > > > > > "Ben Kopf" wrote in message > > news:41475ac8_3@newsprd01... > > > I've put your request in the wish list queue for review - thanks for the > > > feedback! If you can think of any other important API calls for your > > > customized designs we would love to hear about them. > > > > > > Ben Kopf > > > Autodesk Product Design > > > > > > "leon2003" wrote in message > > > news:8967519.1095107361406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) > > when > > > doing marking in the future release? > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

We do not have API for this at present. *IF* we did have the API for this (we do not), it would likely only allow *markups* to be added, not simple graphics/images like you imply. I only intended to warn you of a likely future direction. "Bob" wrote in message news:414ae474$1_2@newsprd01... > Thanks Jeffrey, I think that adding a graphic would work for me. Could you > give me a little more information? I would like to do this from VB6. Do > you have any sample code? Any help would be appreciated. > > > "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote > in message news:4149d280$1_2@newsprd01... > > FWIW, if we have an API that allows graphics to a DWF, it must always be > in > > the form of a markup. We cannot allow new graphics to appear as "original > > data", for obvious security reasons. > > > > > > "Bob" wrote in message news:414837f8_3@newsprd01... > > > Another request: > > > > > > I would like to use the API to add text to a dwf via of Composer or DWF > > > Viewer and then save the DWF with the new text. > > > > > > > > > "Ben Kopf" wrote in message > > > news:41475ac8_3@newsprd01... > > > > I've put your request in the wish list queue for review - thanks for > the > > > > feedback! If you can think of any other important API calls for your > > > > customized designs we would love to hear about them. > > > > > > > > Ben Kopf > > > > Autodesk Product Design > > > > > > > > "leon2003" wrote in message > > > > news:8967519.1095107361406.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > > Can you provide a function which can add catagory(customized symbol) > > > when > > > > doing marking in the future release? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report