Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Drawings.

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
JFKANSAS
1252 Views, 33 Replies

Mac Drawings.

Are drawings on mac still not available? I can see the preview in the browser but when I open one that was created on a PC it never opens. There is an app called AcCoreConsole that trys to open but stalls out. I end up having to force quit everything.

I have tried to fully uninstall and reinstall, no change.

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
kris_berg
in reply to: tkmoore

Hi @tkmoore ,

Glad to hear drawings are working better for you.  More customizable title blocks, additional fields for tolerances and finish are on our list. Tolerances on dimensions are being worked on now and will be available in our next major release.

In this release, drawings will automatically update if the 3D design is modified.  In the next major release, you will be able to control when/if the update occurs.  Is that not working for you?

Thank you,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Senior Software Architect - Autodesk
Message 22 of 34
tkmoore
in reply to: kris_berg

hello @kris_berg ,

That is good news fort he next major release, thank you.

My drawings do not seem to be updating for any existing designs.  Since the last update I get a warning when opening drawings sayin they are "corrupt".  Its not a huge issue I have worked through the changes manually.  I will make new 3d part and drawing soon and test if the auto update feature works.

Message 23 of 34
kris_berg

Hi @tkmoore 

You should not be getting that error.  Can you go to the side panel, right click on one of the problematic drawings and select "share public link", then go to the design the drawing references and do the same.  Then send both links to me, kris.berg@autodesk.com.  I can look into why you are seeing this.

Thank you,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Message 24 of 34
JFKANSAS

Ya I had some corrupt drawings. Some opened up but no images but all the markings were there.
Message 25 of 34
kris_berg
in reply to: JFKANSAS

Hi @JFKANSAS ,

Please feel free to send us the files, as described in my post above, and we will investigate.  We really want to get this resolved so you no longer see this issue.

Thank you,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Message 26 of 34
tkmoore

@kris.berg, links are in the mail . . .

Message 27 of 34
kris_berg

Hi

I looked at your drawing and it is an issue we are trying to fix in our next major update.  Unfortunately it will not fix drawings that are in this state.  For now, what I would do is go back to an older version of your drawing.  To go back to an older drawing, go to your hub in Autodesk 360.  You can do this by clicking on the button circled below:

360.PNG

After the Autodesk 360 site it opened click on the drawing you want to restore from a previous version.

openitem.PNG

The item details for that drawing will be opened.  From there click on the versions tab (circled in red) and promote an older version (circled in blue).

Promote.PNG

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Message 28 of 34
tkmoore

@kris_berg , any known issues creating sectional drawings? trying to get one finished for tomorrow but fusion keeps crashing.

Message 29 of 34
kris_berg

Hi @tkmoore 

I am not aware of any issues with Section views.  If you want to share your design and drawing (using share public link in the side panel), I can look into it.  You can send me a private message with the links. I looked at all of your recent crash reports.  The crash when uploading will be fixed as soon as Apple approves the update (should be in the next few days).

Thank you,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Message 30 of 34
tkmoore

@kris_berg , Sent you a private with the link to design.

Message 31 of 34
kris_berg

Hi @tkmoore ,

I have your design and am looking into the issue.  I can reproduce the issue.  I will let you know when I have more information.  I have also asked a collegue to help me look into it.

Thanks,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Message 32 of 34
tkmoore

@kris_berg, Hi Kris, you folks hae any luck with the issue?

Message 33 of 34
kris_berg

Hi @tkmoore 

We are working on a fix now and it will be in the next major update.  Unfortunately, in investigating the issue, we haven't found a workaround.  I will let you know when it is available.

Thank you,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg
Message 34 of 34
kris_berg

Hi @tkmoore,

We just released a new update on the Mac App Store that fixes this issue.  Please update to the latest version and let me know if you see additional issues.

Thanks,

Kris Berg

Fusion 360 Development

Kris Berg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report