Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Graphics Crash on Fusion 360 Invoke after July Update

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
nathan.skalsky
1209 Views, 20 Replies

Continuous Graphics Crash on Fusion 360 Invoke after July Update

Hi Team,

I'm excited to see the July update.  Unfortunatly (hopefully limited to my configuraiton) I am now crashing on every invoke of Fusion 360 (never makes it past the first splashscreen).  Looks like a graphics scene init failure?

Please advise if there is a workaround, I'll try my PC in the meantime! 

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.22.48 PM.png

-Nathan

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Attaching the call stack for CER_116365855

Failing to start on my iMac Retina and MacBook Pro (2015 Haswell with Iris graphics)

Message 3 of 21
peacock73
in reply to: nathan.skalsky

Crashes repeatedly on PC as well. Report filed

.Noname.jpg

Message 4 of 21
keqingsong
in reply to: peacock73

@peacock73 , can you provide us your system specs, OS, and graphics card specs? 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 21
peacock73
in reply to: keqingsong

Window 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

AMD FX 8350 Eight Core 

12GB Ram

Nvidia 660 Ti

Looks to be related to a center point circle. I can create one sometimes but it seems if I need to change the value I have typed in the diameter box (backspace) it crashes.

Message 6 of 21
Phil.E

@peacock73

Are you crashing while opening a specific file?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 21
nathan.skalsky

Hi peacock73, All - Just to differentiate our symptoms, my crash is on Fusion 360 startup, not modeling / after.

I've been able to get PC to update/run fine so far. Really like some of the UI changes (esp Sketch!) !

Message 8 of 21
Phil.E

Thanks Nathan. Yes you two are facing different problems. @peacock73 is your crash in Sketch while adding a dimension during Offset?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 21
peacock73
in reply to: Phil.E

It seems to be in sketch when adding any dimension. Not exactly sure whats causing it as I am having some issues replicating it consistently. I am not doign anything amazing just sketching a basic fan mount.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Thought it might be related

Message 10 of 21
bespenship
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi Nathan et al,

Initial indications are that this issue is specific to Intel Iris Graphics 6100 graphics.  I am glad you are up and running from our call - we are continuing to work on this issue and we will provide updates as we have them.

Thanks and cheers,

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 11 of 21
bespenship

Hi Peacock,

Even though the symptoms are different, we would really like to get your issue fixed.  Can you provide your system information and as much information as you can on how you are hitting the problem, so we can reproduce it on our end?  We are also willing to work with you and your machine if you are open to that.

Thanks and cheers,

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 12 of 21
peacock73
in reply to: bespenship

Details provided in a previous post. 

The issue still exists though I have somehow managed to mitigate it, Not sure how exactly because I wasn't able to nail down what was causing the issue in the first place, other than knowing it was related to specifying dimensions.

I am continuing to send crash reports as it happens.

Message 13 of 21
peacock73

Ok small update. The issue appears to be related to creating a sketch object, while creating the object , the dimension field needs to be comepletely wiped (as in no input in it) this seems to force the crash. As long as you have a value or dimension indicator in the field its ok.

Message 14 of 21
bespenship

Thanks Peacock.

I'm glad to hear Fusion is working better after some use.  As you might imagine, we are all over this and other issues we are hearing about.  We are tracking a problem which looks like may be the culprit for your crash (as mentioned, different than the issue Nathan reported (which we are also pursuing)).

Cheers,

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 15 of 21
nathan.skalsky

Team - I am no longer seeing the issue on my systems.   Nothing changed (to my knowledge) on my streamer / local FS - maybe a serverside interaction changed?

Seems to me working great for me now.  If you are satifsied the issue is gone for this graphics card I'll be happy to mark as solved!

Thanks!

-Nathan 

Message 16 of 21
Maowen_Zhang

@peacock73, Thanks a lot for sharing the details! We have just added a fix for this issue interanlly and should be ready in coming update very soon! Thank you! 

Lori Zhang (Fusion Development)
Message 17 of 21

Quick update: I crashed during modeling and now on restart I get the same graphics CER on launch (same stack as before). Looks like it is somewhat intermittent / luck of the draw (pun) issue (though after 5 attempts I can't get back in without a crash anymore).
Message 18 of 21
peacock73
in reply to: Maowen_Zhang

Great news. Thanks for the quick response
Message 19 of 21
bespenship

Hi Nathan,

We believe we understand the root cause and are working on a fix.  If you don't mind, and when it's ready, I'll get you a binary file drop, so we can verify the fix on your iMac.  Again, sorry for the issues you are seeing - we'll get you up and running productively again ASAP (should be this week).   I'll call you tomorrow to coordinate your availability and a time.

Cheers,

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 20 of 21
nathan.skalsky

Hi Brent, Team.

Awesome!

Sounds great. I'll send you a message offline for us to sync up and verify the fix on my Mac systems.

-Nathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report