Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Integration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
David Hommrich
742 Views, 3 Replies

Video Integration

I have a client who would like to document key milestones of a construction project with still images and/or video clips. My company supplies the cameras, and we have quite a lot of ways to deliver content for this kind of application. What I'm missing is an understanding of the kind of "catcher's mitt" that exists in Constructware.

A very simply solution (that would probably work fine) is for us to save the video contect to a directory, and provide Constructware a pointer to it.

Can you give me your thoughts on this topic, and perhaps some guidance on the best approach to take?

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi David,

There is a Web Cam module within Constructware where you can point to an IP or URL and capture those images. You could also post images to the Daily Reports module or even in File Director if you needed routing and tracking assigned.

Given your scenario, the Web Cam module pointing to the URL or IP address seems the best bet.
Message 3 of 4

That does sound like what I need. Just so I'm sure, can you help me through the following scenario?

There are 5 locations on a highway construction job where someone needs to visit and take a picture once per day. Always the same time every day. What we'd like to be able to do is control the camera and have it take those pictures, and link them somehow within Constructware. That way, if someone wanted to check on a particular task that was supposed to have been completed long ago, they could look at the image for that day.
Message 4 of 4

The webcam only pulls in one IP, so if you are going to have 5 locations every day, then manually loading the image into the Constructware Daily Reports module is the best best.

There isn't an API that can pull in multiple items and associate them with some kind of data. That is a good idea though and I will send it up to Product Management. Thanks for the feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report