Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submittal log Import failure

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
khodson3
1501 Views, 4 Replies

Submittal log Import failure

Somehow I've gotten this to work before, but now am unable to import the downloaded and updated CW provided Excel template. I can successfully Download the Excel Template. (If I just save it, it defaults as an .xls file - Submittal_Item.xls).

I copy and paste corresponding columns from our project's submittal log (also an .xls) into the new one. When I try to import, I get this error

Please select an .xml file to upload.

So I go back to the Submittal_Item.xls and try to save it as a .xml file, and I get this error.

Cannot save XML data because the workbook does not contain any XML mappings.

So I go back to download the Excel Template and type in .xml for the extension. I have to right click and Open it with Excel (if I don't, I get a longwinded error message in a new IE window). I can update it, but cannot save. I get this again.

Cannot save XML data because the workbook does not contain any XML mappings.

Halp!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
skpost99
in reply to: khodson3

Did you check to make sure that macros are enabled? If excel disables the macros, then the file will not save properly. You won't get the prompt to save the xml file.
Message 3 of 5
skpost99

Did you check to make sure that macros are enabled? If excel disables the macros, then the file will not save properly. You won't get the prompt to save the xml file.
Message 4 of 5
khodson3

After downloading the template, Microsoft Office Excel 2007 informs me that macros have been disabled in a yellow bar below the toolbar. I click on options to restore the macros.
I've given up on this upload/download. After spending 8 hours on it, it is not a good use of time.
Message 5 of 5
skpost99

Well, at least you got to it. It's just a matter of making sure the macros are enabled. Then when you save, you are prompted for the XML. We don't use the submittals import either because you have to have the packages created in Constructware before you can even import the items. It would be more of a benefit if we could get the packages imported into the system.

Sorry it didn't work for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report