Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-log competitor?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
590 Views, 3 Replies

Pro-log competitor?

So...is Constructware of the same genre as Prolog? What differentiates it
from that product. How does Buzzsaw fit into this?
-Brian Harder
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Brian -

Constructware is a web-based collaborative project management solution. Many companies such as GC's use Prolog for internal tracking of projects, whereas Constructware is typically used by an entire project team in a collaborative nature.

Please refer to http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5972611 for more information on Buzzsaw and Constructware.

Thanks!
Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. But does it do similar things? Forgive me if I'm
blind, but those few pages on the Autodesk web site about Constructware are
pretty vague. Lot's of information about why collaboration and
communication (or lack thereof) is so important, but not much about
Constructware itself. The best information I found are the series of
"What's New" pdfs, but I'm also interested in what's "not" new. In other
words, is there basic introductory paper that tells what Constructware is
all about, what it has in it, and how it's intended to solve the
communications and collaborations problems that the other papers say need to
be solved...

-Brian

wrote in message news:5526669@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi Brian -

Constructware is a web-based collaborative project management solution.
Many companies such as GC's use Prolog for internal tracking of projects,
whereas Constructware is typically used by an entire project team in a
collaborative nature.

Please refer to
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5972611 for more
information on Buzzsaw and Constructware.

Thanks!
Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Brian -

Thanks for your message.

The root of the issue is all about communication. Through many studies it has been determined that poor communication is the root cause of may problems throughout the building lifecycle, and it has the greatest impact on cost, schedule, scope, and quality. This can be as simple as a missed RFI or as costly as having to tear down construction due to having old versions of drawings on a job site.

Constructware is unique in its collaborative nature; rather that information residing in silos and being pushed out to team members through hard copies, email, FTP sites, etc., (i.e. architects emailing out drawings or ASIs), the entire team posts, responds, and tracks the project through one coordinated effort. This provides a level of visibility, accountability, and project completeness that you don't have with traditional tools.

Have you visited http://www.autodesk.com/discovercpm? It has videos of current Constructware customers and describes Autodesk's vision of creating a "Project Information Model" (similar to BIM, or Building Information Model). Constructware is an integral part of this concept.

You're right - some of this seems high-level and theoretical. Perhaps we can continue the discussion offline so we can better understand your business challenges and how Autodesk's collaborative project management tools can assist? (866) 815-3501 is the # for sales, or you can reach me at steve.williams@autodesk.com.

Best,
Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report